Chapter 3

Bzzz Bzzz Bzzz. I opened my eyes slowly. But it didn’t worked so I closed them again.

Bzzz Bzzz Bzzz. I turned around annoyed, I hate waking up with an alarm or messages. I need to wake up by myself otherwise I’m irritated the rest of the day. I grabbed my phone and saw what time it was. It’s was only 10 am. Seriously what is so important. My eyes didn’t really worked with me, I pinched them and was finally able to read what was wrong with my phone.

2 missed phone calls and one new text, all from Cody.

From Cody:

I would love to volunteer, it’s a date. I’ll call you later with more info ;)

I put my phone away and turned back around, ready to fall asleep again. I thought to myself for one more time what he had just texted.

“Wait what?” I almost screamed and I was sitting up in my bed. A date? With me? A date with me? Cody and me? On a date? I was ordering everything in my head.

Bzzz Bzzz Bzzz! My phone was going off again. I grabbed it and took a deep breath.

“Yo Lily here.” I slammed myself for my head, what if it wasn’t Cody but my grandpa or grandma maybe the police for my mom. I’m so stupid. I heard a laughter on the other side of the line.

“Yo Cody here.” He said. I felt relieved and released all my breath.

“Whatsup?”  I said playing it cool.

“So I had some ideas for our date. Before you are going to cook me I have a surprise for you, if you are free today?” he had already forgotten my stupid opening.

“Uhm what’s today date?” I knew the date, because yesterday was the 13th. I’m not entirely stupid.

“The 14th is that day still open in your calendar?”

“Well I do have to check it.” I let out a giggle.

“Take your time, I have the day.” he said. I grabbed a magazine trying to act like I was looking in my calendar.

“Hmmm I have to make some time between sleeping and eating but yeah I think I can move my date with my bed. I will ask him, can you wait a sec?” I said with a straight voice. I heard laughter.

“Yeah for you I’ll wait the whole day.” I put the phone down.

“So bed I have a question for you.” I said with my sweet voice.

“Okay babe what’s wrong.” I said with my man voice.

“Is it okay if I move our date? You would make me very happy.” Still with my baby voice.

“Yeah for you everything.” I said with my deep man voice.

I heard a loud laughter coming out my phone and I started laughing to. When I had finally stopped I picked up my phone again. I could hear Cody still laughing but softer.

“So I asked my bed, but he can’t live without me.” I said still laughing. then there came I silence on the other end.

“Cody are you still there?” I asked concerned.

“Yeah I’m grabbing my baseball bat to beat the crap out of your bed.”

“No don’t I still have to sleep at night.” I said with a giggle.

“You can sleep in my bed. Wait you’re only giving me more reasons to beat you bed. Sorry beautiful but I’m coming right away.”

“I would love it if you came, but”