Chapter 12

“Do you guys even know what you got yourselves into? We’re going to need to explain you two kissing on every front page.” Matt was nervously walking around in the big Simpson kitchen. I really didn’t cared about what was said at first but Matt was right we didn’t thought this through. What if this ruins Cody career I could never live with something like that.

“Maybe we just tell the world that we’re a couple.” Cody who had been silent for the whole morning when Matt barged in with tons of magazines. Some magazines said that the girl on the picture, who was me obviously, was some Kylie Jenner. Some magazines said that Cody was cheating on that Kylie girl. I wanted to ask who she was all morning, it was eating my brains up. Was he already dating someone?

“Who is kylie?” I blurred out without thinking. I mentally slapped myself a lot for saying that. Cody and Matt looked at me, Matt rolled his eyes and Cody looked hurt. Shit I’m ruining everything for this amazing kid.

“Never mind, I’ll just let you two solve this.” I stood up and grabbed y phone off the counter, I almost ran out of the house so that nobody could call me back. Something was still eating me from the inside and I just needed to be alone, for a while. I walked over to the garage and grabbed Cody’s bike, ready for some good old beach air.

After fifteen minutes of hopelessly trying to find the beach, I found it. It was different than the beach near my house, but it was still a beach and that was all I needed. I almost ran to the shore like I was in deep need for air, I was suffocating.  I sat down in the sand as soon as I felt like it was a good place to sit. I ran my fingers through the warm sand, burying my whole hand in the sand until I reached the cold sand to give me a calm feeling. I looked at two kids running at the water as their parents ran after them packed with bags.

“Jolie, Nick wait! Don’t you dear to run in the water with your clothes still on.” Sweat was dripping down the mothers face as she grabbed the boy by his arm. The girl was screaming of joy as her dad ran after her. All the bags were on a bump close to where I was sitting. The mom was struggling to undress the boy who was trying to run away every time her hands left his body for just an inch. But the mother didn’t gave up and was still holding the boy, now in his underwear. I couldn’t help but smile when I saw the dad coming closer with his daughter on his shoulder, she was laughing so loud. You know when you see a perfect family where everybody loves each other in a film, they live in a perfect neighborhood where every house is the same. Their grass is so green in front of their big white house. It were those family’s that gave me hope, this family was just like that.

I grabbed my phone and dialed the number that I had dialed every day for the past weeks.

“Hello Lily, you want to speak to your mother I guess?” The familiar woman spoke. I had called the rehabilitations centre too many times, asking if I could speak to my mother. Until now they hadn’t let me, I wasn’t allowed to visit for another two weeks so I figured I could call but that didn’t work either.

“Yes ma’am.” I tried to sound as polite and happy as I could.

“You know what sweetheart I’ll give you guys five minutes. Let me find her first.” I sighed and looked up thanking the world for this opportunity.

“Thank you, thank you so much.” I almost whispered, I was going to cry if I talked any louder than this.

“It’s okay, I understand what you’re going through.” Then I realized that I’m not the only person in the world going through shit like this.

“It’s awful.” Of course it’s awful, it’s like the universe is against you.

“yes it is, anyway here she is. Five minutes okay?” The woman waited for my answer while I was preparing myself to talk to my mother.

“Yes I understand. Thank you again.” I was still talking softly trying to stop the tears. I heard a soft laugh.

Then there it was. “Hello who is this.” She said my mom, she didn’t sound annoyed or anything she sounds like a mother should sound like.

“Mom.” I swallowed as I felt my voice crack. I didn’t thought this would be so hard.

“Lily.” Her voice was soft to followed by some rumbling.

“Are you okay mom?” I ran my hand through my hair, when I felt a single tear run down my face.

“I’m okay sweetie, it’s hard but I made some friends here. There is this one woman Diane is her name and she’s very sweet. She has been here for six months now and she is almost at the point that she can go home. She’s helping me go through this.” There was a moment of silence.

“I miss you.” She said her voice cracked in the middle, I could feel the pain se was going through. She was my mother no one deserves to be separated from their mother. I love her no matter what.

“I miss you to mommy.” I managed to not crack up in that sentence but another tear slipped out.

“How are the Simpsons? You know today came some new magazines in at the reception. Care to explain?” I knew what she was talking about, but I called her to forget.

“They are amazing people. I really don’t want to talk about it, it cause enough bullshit.” I looked at my feet buried in the sand.

“It’s okay, I’m happy enough I got the chance to talk to you. I have been asking every day from the beginning just to talk to you but they wouldn’t let me.” She sounded so good and healthy.

“I called everyday but they wouldn’t let me talk to you either.” I nodded at myself as I realized she was okay.

“Time’s almost up ladies.” The familiar woman said breaking the silence.

“Mom do you promise to stay strong, for me?” I needed her to say it, to get some hope.

“I promise sweetie. I promise.” Another sigh of relieve slipped from my lips.

“I love you mom, don’t give up.” I need her to know that I do love her, it felt like I had said it only a long while ago.

“I love you to Lil, and I won’t.” I heard her sob when the line went dead.  But I ignored the beeps as I held my phone still to my ear.

“It’s going to be okay mom, I promise.” I spoke some courage into myself as the beeping ended and my phone went back into my pocket.

“You know I told myself that every day when I lost my parents and when I lost your parents.” A teenage girl’s voice came from besides me, two long legs settled next to mine. A hand on my shoulder and my heart stopped beating. I looked at my right into the bright brown eyes with blond hair on her for head.

“Tess?” My voice cracked up again as I looked at her from head to toe. I tried to blink as many times that I could but that smirk just didn’t left my sight. She was here next to me smiling and looking happy. Was she life screwing me over again? Or maybe she was my real ticket to happiness. My last chance to make everything right again.