Chapter 6

Chapter 6:

Jens POV:

Yesterday Josh and I did half of the presentation and today we do the rest so we're earlier finished.

After school I walk to his house because now I know where it is. When I arrive he is already there but he's alone. His parents are gone for two days.

There were a few problems with the Computer so it took longer than we thought. It's already dark outside and it's a long distance between my and his house. Maybe he can drive me.

We can't finish the presentation today so we stop. "Okay we stop here. We still have a few days left to finish and correct it. We can continue tomorrow or in 2 days." he says. I nod.

Should I ask him? I have no other options. "Josh?" I ask.

"Jen?" he mocks me once again. "Could you give me ride home? It's already dark outside and my house isn't nearby."

"Hmmm...nah." he answers casual. I am confused. He just said no. What should I do now?

"B-But..." I begin but he quickly interrupts me. "You have to sleep here. You have no other choice." he says smirking.

Great! Not enough that I have to spend my spare time with him, now I also have to sleep here.

But I know that I can't discuss that with him because he's so stubborn. "But I have no pyjama and no toothbrush here." I try to debate.

"There is an extra toothbrush and you can wear one from my t-shirts to sleep in." he says and walks to his room.

I follow him and as we enter his room he throws a t-shirt towards me. "I can't just sleep in this shirt." I say to him.

"Why not?" he asks smirking. "Joooosh" I groan.

"Okay okay" he says and looks in his wardrobe.

Finally he pulls out sweatpants and throws them at me. Again.

"Thank you" I say sarcastically.

He leads me to the guest room."I'm going to sleep. And if you need something don't call me." he says and leaves.

I know that he doesn't mean it. I can tell. He isn't mean, he's just sassy but in a carefully way. I quickly change, brush my teeth and go to sleep.

I wake up sweaty and scared. I had a really bad nightmare and I don't know if I can sleep this night. Maybe I should drink something to relax.

But instead of going to the kitchen, I knock on Josh's bedroom door. He quickly opens it and asks carefully "Jen what happened?"

He sees my scared expression. "I-I had a nightmare. Can I sleep here?" I ask. I know this isn't right but I can't sleep alone when I have such bad nightmares. "Of course" he says with a voice full of cares. His bed is huge. So we both have enough space to sleep without any touches. He lays on the right side of the bed and looks to the window side. I lay on the left side and look to the wall side so we don't face each other. I quickly fall asleep .

Joshs POV:

It was a complete surprise that Jen asked if she can stay here. As she was little and slept over here she had a few nightmares too but it was unusually. I always tried to comfort her and it worked but now I don't know how I can comfort her because she doesn't want any help from me. I quickly get interrupt with my thoughts as I hear a sob. I turn around and see a shaky Jen who cries a bit. Her eyes are still close so she still sleeps. Suddenly she begin to whisper "Please no!". Her voice get louder "Don't do it! Please no! No no no no." This is obviously a nightmare so I should wake her up. I gently shake her but she still cries. "Jen wake up. It's just a nightmare." Suddenly she scream. My voice get louder "Jen wake up! " Her eyes flutter open and she look at me with red-eyed. "It was just a dream Jen." I say to comfort her, but she still cries. What should I do? I can't let her cry and sleep again like nothing happened. I open my arms. It's her decision if she want that I comfort her or if she want to continue her sleep. But she does something that I don't expect. She buries her face in my shirt and continue to cry. I quickly wrap my arms around her and stroke her hair. "Shhh....it's ok it was just a dream." I try to comfort her and after a while she stops. She lays her head on my chest and I hold her until she fall asleep. When I'm sure that she is asleep I try to unfold my arms but she hold my right arm tight and whispers "Please stay so. It' comfortable." I thought she was asleep. "Oh okay" I say suprised but also relieved. We quickly fall asleep and the nightmares disappeared.