HeadHunter! PJ x Badass! Wanted! Reader. ~Part 3

(Play song later)

It was silent as PJ realized what all this meant.

"How did you figure out?" I asked, breaking the silence. I kept my head down. Not allowing myself to look at Pj's face.

"The bartender, he told us you gave him the stolen items for money. You greedy bitch." the guard said, dropping my things.

"Heh, damn, thought I was careful enough." I murmured, feeling tears prick my vision, I still wasn't done repaying Ms.N. It wasn't going to be enough. I told the kids I would try to make them better.

So, where's the money." the man said, walking towards me.

"I don't have it." I muttered. The man growled, and kicked me. I collapsed, gasping.

"Where. Is. It." he said, putting glaring down at me.

"I don't have it!" I screamed, glaring up at him, my eyes damp with tears. He looked shocked for a split second before pointing at me.

"(Y/n) (L/n), for the crime of stealing from the royals, your punishment will be, death." he said. I laughed coldly.

"Take her in." he ordered, the guards grabbed me by the arms and dragged me towards the hanging platforms. My trial would be at dawn.

~~~~~~~~~

PJ POV

I watched as they dragged her away. The captain walked over to me, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"Good job. You will be rewarded greatly." he said, leaving off towards her. No amount of money could fix the feeling I had.

I placed a hand over my heart. I frowned and felt tears prick at my vision.

"Damnit PJ, stop it, she was probably plotting my death." I said, wiping my eyes.

I was about to head home when a thought came to mind, if she had taken the money, why was it not in her bag. I walked over to her bag and started looking for anything that might contain money.

Nothing.

So where did the money go? I thought back to all the places she could have put it. Then it clicked.

The orphanage.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I knocked on the door, panting. I heard some shuffling before the door opened.

"H-hello?" a voice asked. I looked down and saw a small child. I bent down to the child's height.

"Is the caretaker here?" I asked, she nodded and grabbed my hand, leading me down the hall.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

We came to a door that was cracked open slightly.

"Ms.N?" the child asked, opening the door. On the bed was  a lady, she had a small pouch in one hand, and a note in the other. She had a large smile on her face, tears on her eyes.  She looked up and saw the child. The child ran over and glanced at the note.

"(Y/n)?" the child asked excitedly. The person I assumed was Ms.N nodded. The child smiled and ran out of the room. Ms.N looked at me and wiped her eyes.

"Sorry, what can I do for you?" she asked, standing up.

"Uh..It's about that money." I said. She glanced at the pouch and gave me a confused look.

"What about it?" she asked.

"Who gave it to you."

"A child of mine." she said, glancing at me suspiciously.