Prologue

I'm not too sure where this story will go.  I'm still in the process of writing it but we'll see. 

Disclaimer:  Any similarities in this story is purely coincidental. 

Please excuse the grammar mistakes. 

Thank you and enjoy reading.

_______________________________________________________________

Nabi's POV:

"Good work today Nabi! Here take this bag of bread." Mrs. Min shoved it into my hands.

Mrs. Min is my boss. I work at a bakery and a clothing store in order to pay the bills. It was around a year ago when I walked into the bakery buying some bread and Mrs. Min suddenly came up to me and asked if I needed a job. I was surprised. How did she know? I quickly nodded and she pulled me into her office. She talked to me for around 15 minutes before giving me the job. At that time, I had already been working in the clothing store for a few months but just that salary wasn't paying the bills. And Jimin's money wasn't enough to pay off the debt.

I was so thankful I got the job. I was still underage and the fact that I could work at the clothing store was because the owner was my best friend's mother.

I smiled and bowed at Mrs. Min. "Thank you so much!" I held onto the bag of bread and walked into the locker room. I changed out of my uniform and into my casual clothes.

They were just a pairing of Jimin's old shirt and my black shorts and boots. Since we were poor, I didn't have my own clothes. Jimin and I would just recycle his old clothes since I grew out of mine. The first time I bought my own clothes would be when I received my first paycheck. I went to the second-hand store and bought my own clothes. I didn't buy that many shirts since Jimin's were still okay for me to wear. As for underwear, shorts, and shoes, I would have to buy my own.

For around a year or so, Jimin wasn't doing so well financially. He said he started his own company but something happened and he was starting his own debt. He still sent money but it was just in hundreds instead of thousands. I have been doing my best to save the money he sent and only spend my money.

I locked up the bakery and started walking back home. The old house my grandparent's used to live in was sold in order to help pay off a portion of the debt. But after that, we had to find cheaper apartments to live in. I was so lucky my friend's mother had an apartment open and would let me live there for free. Of course I couldn't just take up her offer like that so I decided to pay her a portion of the rental fee. Even though the amount was just meager compared to the actual price, I felt that I should keep an IOU for her so that I could pay off the entire amount someday.

Reaching the apartment, I fumbled through my backpack to find mykeys. I received more mails about ourdebt and threatening letters. This wasnow an everyday thing. I rolled my eyesand tossed out the letters. I put myshoes in the small cubbyhole under the staircase and tossed my bag on top ofthe shelf. I placed my keys on the keyholder on the wall near the front door. Grabbing my slippers, I walked into the living room before dropping onthe sofa to relax. I felt a ball offluff softly brushing against my leg. Ilooked down and smiled at the fluff.

I bent over and picked up the small kitten. "Hi Baram. How was your day today?" Hebrushed his head against my hand and purred. I giggled and placed him on the sofa before walking to the kitchen. I grabbed a can of tuna and popped itopen. I placed it on the floor. Soft purring and meowing sounds filled thesilence in the room. I stood up andwalked upstairs to my bedroom and changed into my pajamas.

I turned around and saw a picture of Jimin and me in the same pajamasbefore he left. He bought couple pajamassince he also liked the design. It had a picture of a teddy bear with black and white strips across the sleeves.  We tookthe picture on my birthday. I smiled andpicked up the photo. I brushed my thumbover my brother's face. It's been so long since you came back. Suddenly, I heard soft clicking sounds on thewooden flooring. I placed the photo backon my table and turned around to face the stairs to see Baram slowly climbingupstairs to find me. He was softlymeowing once he saw me and jumped up and down trying to reach me faster. I giggled and quickly walked to him andpicked him up.

"Aww did someone miss mommy?" Baram rubbed his head against my chest and starting kneading. His soft purring noises started getting louder. I gently brushed my fingers between his ears while walking downstairs. I placed him on his scratching post I made for him on the small padded bed area.

He purred and cuddled into his small bed. I walked into the kitchen and boiled water to make ramyeon and eat some bread Mrs. Min gave me. While waiting for the water to finish boiling, my phone starting ringing. I walked to my kitchen table-top and grabbed my phone.