I Care

I Care

My problem is that I care too much. Initially it shouldn't be as such. But the way I care has become one. Almost making me pull the trigger to my own gun.

I care about what others think of me. I care about what others say of me. I care for the simple things. I care for the futile things.

I'll care about that cat of his. I'll care about that smile of hers. I'll care about the people around me. I'll care for everything I see.

I care about all these things. But best of all, maybe worst of all, I care about you.

I care about what you think of me. I care about what you say of me. I care about the simple things. I care about the futile things.

I'll care about that secret you shared. I'll care about what you'll wear next week. I'll care about that thing you declared. I'll care about the happiness you seek.

A thing you said is still on my mind. It wasn't much, but it just doesn't leave. What if what you meant wasn't all kind. What if what I felt was all just belief. I see the blade pointed at my chest. But then I see you, and I can't put it to rest. Instead of backing away like a sane person would do, I care so much, I run straight to you.

I care for you so much, that I don't care about me. I care so much, I don't hear my own plea. When you're down, I'm here in an instant. When I'm on the ground, my own cries become distant.

My problem is that I care too much for you. So much, that it only makes me a fool. Even if I wanted to leave, there's nothing I can do. To toy with my heart as such, there's only me to be that cruel.

* * *

Explanations I guess?

When we get involved with someone we try our best to make them feel good. Sometimes we even forget we should feel good. It's not like that for everyone, I know. But in my case, I'm always happy to bleed for a friend. Up to the point where I don't have the strength to be happy. It's something I have to work on, and if you're like me, you have to work on it too. Cut ties before it's too late. Don't wait until you collapse. You deserve to be happy too.
(08/09/17)