Chapter 3

It was the voice of the guy I had met earlier that day. I shook my head, thinking he was probably just messing around with his fellow HVF members. Looking down again, I heard him yell again however. And this time for help. 
Against my will to just walk away, I started to run towards the forest, from where the scream came. He kept on yelling and crying for help, making me fasten my pace.
Finally, I arrived where he was. Standing behind a tree, I used the darkness to stay hidden, until I was sure he was alone and really needed help. Peeking out from behind the bush, I saw him lying on the ground, holding his leg and his face twisted in pain. Looking around one final time I stepped out slowly.
At first he didn't aknowledge me, however as soon as I stepped onto a branch, his face snapped up and he pointed his gun at me, making me raise my hands up in defeat. 
"Calm down, I'm going to help you" I said silently, yet scared. He was aiming perfectly for my face, and I knew that one wrong movement could kill me for ever. 
He looked torn between killing me and letting me help him. A few moments of doubt later, he tossed the gun away and returned to hold his leg. I walked up to him carefully, crouching down and taking a look at what happened.
His left foot was caught in a bear trap, it was right around his ankle, meaning there was no possible way of him walking, even if I got him out of the trap. 
I took a deep breath, before taking the teeth of the trap into my hands and slowly starting to pull them apart. 
After a few moments he was finally free, and I snatched my hands back, holding them a bit away from me. 
"Thank you" he said, making me nod.
"It's nothing" I replied, getting up and ready to leave. I tried wiping my hands off with leaves that were lying around, but it was no help, so I started wiping them along my jeans. 
As I was walking away, I suddenly heard him yell again.
"Hey! Come back!"
I raised an eyebrow and turned around. 
"Don't think you forgot something?" I asked, tilting my head and crossing my arms.
"Please?" he said quieter, making me sigh in defeat. 
I walked over and put my arm around his waist, while he put his around my shoulder. With my free arm, I held his arm while he was steadying himself. 
"Not so scared of my coldness anymore I see" I remarked sarcastically.
"I'm sorry" he replied annoyed, making me sigh. 
"Alright, there we go, so what direction, captain?" I asked, helping him keep his balance. 
"Honestly, just out of the woods" he replied, making me laugh. 
We started walking slowly into the direction of Roarton, him gasping every time he would accidentally step onto his injured foot.
"Listen, you need to go to the hospital, if you want, I can walk home, get the car and take you there" I explained, as we walked.
"No, no it's fine, my house is just outside of the woods, my parents can take me" he replied, his voice tired and worn out. 
"By the way, now that I, an undead, have safed your life, mind telling me your name?" I asked him, smiling.
"You're feeling way cooler than you are, dead girl. My name is Blake" He replied smirking.
"Nice to meet you Blake" I laughed, helping him over a tree that had fallen down some time ago.
"And what's your name?" He asked.
"I think I'm going to stick with dead girl to be honest" I replied, grinning. 
"No seriously, you know mine, now what is yours?" he laughed, making me smile.
"I'm Sam" I replied, as he leaned onto me more. 
"Wait... Sam... Why does it sound so familiar?" He asked. 
"Well, it's not an uncommon name" I laughed, rolling my eyes. 
"Wait... aren't you Samantha Willington?" He asked after a few moments.
"Uh... I am indeed, why?" I asked confused. 
"I... uh, no I have read about that car crash you had, really sucks" He said unsure. I squinted my eyes but decided to ignore it. 
"I can take it from here" He said, as we were quite far away from Roarton still. 
"Dude it's okay, it's just a few more minutes" I said, still holding onto him.
"No, see I'm taking this stick so I can support myself, it's alright thank you anyway" Blake gushed out, picking up a massive stick. I cocked an eyebrow and looked unsure at him "I... well... after all I'm still in the HVF and can't be seen with a rotter" He said after a while. I looked at him and started laughing.
"Yeah? Well maybe you should tell your little friends it was a rotter who saved you from a trap they set up" I replied pissed, and walked away, leaving him behind me. I could hear him struggling but I couldn't care less at that moment. Instead of appreciating my help, he decides to go on about how I'm just a rotter.