Epilogue

Pale blue eyes scanned the horizon from the balcony, the hairs on the back of the Alpha King's neck up on end as he snuck glances back at his mate, who was fast asleep on the bed in their room. He was being watched. He knew that much. What he couldn't work out, even with his Alpha senses, was who was watching him. They were invisible to him at that moment in time, after all.

If he'd been Thorn, he would've been able to tell that there were in fact two people staring down at him from the roof, glasses of champagne in hand.

"I guess it's started, then..." The white-haired woman sighed, her red eyes narrowing on Rylan's retreating figure as he slunk back inside, snuggling up next to his mate.

"Lunaria..." Blue reptilian eyes met the red ones. "Do you really think we can stop him again...?"

"My son is down there this time." She said. "Of course we can."

"We won't be able to fight him head on, this time..." He sighed. "Just by being on this earth, I can feel him. His power is even greater than before... and it feels just like the first time... the time we failed to stop him."

"I know, Lukaris. I know." She said, her grip on her champagne flute tightening. "We can only guide these little Alphas and their mates as best as we can..."

"We also need to find that girl who stopped Lyra in the middle of her second ride..." He said, his eyes darkening as they both stared at the rising sun on the horizon. "If my suspicions are correct, then those Alphas will have a powerful ally on their side when the time comes... an ally which we've never seen before..."

"Are you sure you really couldn't see her Lines of Fate...?" The Moon Goddess asked, glancing sceptically at the man by her side.

"I'm sure." He sighed. "But I still want to search for her – just to be certain... I don't want to give you, or the other Gods and Goddesses, false hope."

"Wait." A hand grabbed at his shoulder. "Shouldn't we at least have a toast?"

"A toast?"

"For the Awakening of the First Horseman."

Blue eyes narrowed. "Why the bloody heck would you want to do that?!" He asked, shock written across his face. "They're the heralds of the Apocalypse! We're supposed to shun them, not celebrate them!"

"Lukey." Lunaria smiled, her eyes shut. "Shut up and do as I say, otherwise you know what I'll do to you."

Lukaris paled, his trembling hand raising his glass to clink against hers as they spoke as one.

"To the Awakening of the First Horseman."

-----

ILLENIS HERE

Short but sweet, I hope.

There you have it.

Lyra is the First Horseman of the Apocalypse.

And... Just to give you a glimpse of what'll be coming out soon...