Stonewall Castle

"Dammit Blu!" Rylan scowled inside the car as Blaze drove them towards Stonewall Castle a short while away. "Why did you knock me out?!"

"You were being a miserable git." Blaze mumbled, his eyes fixed on the road as he sped down the country lane.

"Shut up, both of you!" Blu roared, glaring between the two of them. "Blaine is getting worse." He said, his eyes fixed on the brunette whose chest barely rose. "He won't survive very long unless we get him to Finar soon."

"I take it that wine he was drinking last night was poisoned..." Rylan spoke softly, a hint of concern glinting in his pale blue eyes.

"Yeah." Blu pulled the bottle out of his bag. "I brought it along, so don't drink any. Hopefully Finar will be able to identify whatever he was poisoned with and give him the antidote in time... otherwise he will die."

"Well it's a good thing we're here then." Blaze muttered as they reached the outer wall of the castle, winding the window down, glaring at the guard as he ordered him to let them through the gate.

"I'll need to see some ID." The guy said, looking rather bored as Rylan quickly rustled about in his bag, cursing under his breath when he came up empty handed.

"For crying out loud!" Blaze scowled. "I'm Alpha Blaze, idiot, and we've got a very sick Alpha in the back who'll be knocking on death's door unless we get him to Finar!"

"It's the rules. I'm sorry."

"Calm down Blaze." Rylan rested a hand on his shoulder.

"You expect me to sit here and let Blaine – my best friend – die?!"

"No, I expect you to sit here calmly and knock those gates down before swiftly driving us to Finar's office."

"Oh." Blaze blinked. "OK."

One gigantic gust of wind later, and then they were speeding towards Stonewall Castle, ignoring the alarm that sounded behind them.

It barely took them five minutes to reach the castle made from black stone, that looked rather foreboding with towering turrets and steeping roofs. Blu was carrying Blaine out of the car in an instant, sprinting through the doors, colliding with a familiar brunette.

"Blu?!" The brunette elder with his hair tied back in a ponytail stared at him, his eyes narrowing when they fell on the sick Alpha. "Bring him to my study. Now." He ordered, striding away, breaking into a run once he realised Blu was hot on his heels.

Rylan and Blaze stumbled through the door moments later, blinking when they realised Blu was already gone.

"I take it you're the reason those alarms are sounding?" A tall blonde-haired woman folded her arms, smiling at Rylan and Blaze.

"You guessed it." Blaze mumbled.

"Come here you two." She strode forwards wrapping her arms around the pair of them, crushing the living daylights out of them.

"Mum..." Rylan choked. "Stop!"

"Leave the poor boy alone, Carol." A black-haired man, who looked very much like a taller clone of Rylan, stopped next to the three of them as his mother released the two of them. "I want to give him a hug too."

"I'll pass." Rylan held up his hand. "Finar had to heal my ribs the last time you hugged me."

He roared with laughter, slapping him on the back, making the Alpha King wince.

"Leopold." Blaze bowed his head slightly.

A hand cracked down on the blonde's head. "How many times have I told you...? Call me Leo, idiot." He scowled. "I practically raised you, so you can even call me dad if you want to."