three

Pain. Taehyung felt pain everywhere as he tried to breathe normally, cold sweat forming on his body as he laid hopelessly on Yoongi's bed. He clenched his fists tightly, gulping as he tried to sit up. Yoongi isn't home but Namjoon and his boyfriend are.

"H-hyung?" Taehyung whispered, his voice hoarse as he gripped tightly onto the bedsheets to bring his weight up onto his legs. He failed, falling onto his back again on the verge of crying.

"N-namjoon! H-hyung!" He called out desperately as the pain got worse, curling into himself, losing his rhythm of breathing.

Fortunately, someone heard him.

"Taehyung? Are you - OH MY GOODNESS. Tae, what's wrong?!" Seokjin, who was peeking in from the ajar door dashed in when he realised the younger man's state.

Seokjin held Taehyung's hand as he frantically checked for what's happening to the male, who started to sob out in pain. Namjoon, hearing the familiar cries, rushed in with a couple of heating pads.

Namjoon calmly, well he tried to, spoke as he did what he had to and pulled up the man's shirt, "I'm sorry that I can't do anything to ease the pain. Hang in there, bud."

Pressing the heating pad against Taehyung's abdomen with one hand, the eldest wordlessly watched his boyfriend try to control the younger's breathing to normal. The youngest among them tightly grabbed onto the eldest's hand and tried to endure through the pain, while following Namjoon's guide to breathe stabile.

When Taehyung has finally calmed down and his breathing was back to normal, the couple finally was able to feel relieved. They watched as the younger tried to muster up a smile on his face, "T-thank you. The both of you. I'm sorry for the burden and Jin hyung, I'm sorry that you had to see me like this."

Seokjin teared up and frantically shook his head, denying him. "No. I'm sorry that you have to go through so much pain."

"It was meant to be, so don't be that way. Okay.... H-hyung?"

When Taehyung finally managed to fell asleep, Seokjin then was able to cry to his boyfriend after seeing the poor kid like that. Namjoon could only try to comfort him with hugs and kisses, because he was also affected by the state the younger male was in.

"Please don't tell Jimin-ie. He... It's best for me that he doesn't know. Let him be happy, yes? If I can't be on my feet and smiling, then he should be. In place of my happiness."

"Yoongi-ah."

Yoongi looked up from his coffee, to only see Seokjin with bloodshot eyes and gave him a questioning look.

"Hyung? Are you okay?" The eldest proceeded to sit beside Yoongi at the kitchen counter, before turning to face him with a sad smile.

"Taehyung has cancer? You could have told me."

Yoongi froze, his cup raised midway for he wanted to take a sip of his black coffee. He slowly placed down his cup on the counter before sighing, "He doesn't want more people to know. I'm sorry hyung, but I'm a man of my words. I'm sure Joon has it harder than I do. He's not practically good at lying."

Seokjin nodded, "I figured it out when I saw Taehyung in pain. I felt so bad, because we couldn't do anything."

Yoongi nodded in agreement, understanding what the older meant because no matter what, he could never get used to seeing his best friend in pain. And not being able to do anything about it only hurts him more.