Chapter Two:

"If you would follow me, Ill show you to your room." Hades gave a dazzling smile and turned away from the gorgeous woman that was to be his bride.

Alexus followed Hades out of the throne room and down a long hallway filled with the most magnificent paintings she had ever seen. Alexus liked art but she was a better singer than she was an artist.

"These are wonderful," She stated quietly, not looking at the complexing man in front of her.

Hades halted suddenly, shocked by the beautiful quiet voice behind him. This was the first time he had heard Alexus speak and he was awed by how her voice chimed delightfully in his ears.

Hades felt Alexus collide with his back and let out a small oomph. 

He turned to steady her but was surprised to see she had taken a few steps back and had her eyes shut and head turned as if expecting him to hurt her.

"Alexus," He spoke softly as if consoling a scared animal.

"I'm sorry, I wasn't watching where I was going and didnt see you stop. It wont happen again."

Hades felt his heart break just a little at how terrified she sounded.

"Sweetheart, open your eyes. I will not hurt you."

Alexus' eyes fluttered open to find the God still a distance away with his hands raised as to not frighten her. She breathed a sigh of relief and slowly relaxed.

"I apologize, Hades" She said, lowering her head.

"Alexus, darling, I would never hurt you. I know the things you have been through and I know it will be a long journey to earning your trust but I hope that in time you will see that I am telling the truth."

Hades stood for a moment longer before noticing that her shoulders were shuddering ever so slightly. She was crying.

Hades hated tears to begin with but he hated them in a different way as he watched her silent cries. He felt the need to console her, but knew that she would be frightened if he pulled her into a hug like he so wanted to do.

He walked forward slowly, gently calling her name.

Alexus didn't make a move to look at him so he reached forward and slowly tilted her chin up so he could stare into her beautiful eyes.

Alexus was so confused as she looked at this beautiful man in front of her. It had been so long since she had known a gentle touch, a soft voice. So long since someone whispered words of comfort to her. 

She could feel her tears drying on her face as she looked into this mans grey eyes.

"Please don't cry, I cannot bear to see pain and tears filling those beautiful emerald eyes."

The admission was so unexpected and the day had already been so long that Alexus forced herself to look away from this complex and beautiful man and cast her eyes to the floor.

"Please show me to my room" she whispered.

Hades cleared his throat gently, "Yes, this way".

Hades felt a renewed hatred for the man that made his bride to be into this broken shell of a woman he was seeing in this moment.

He made a vow to make that man pay for what he has done and see to it that no harm ever comes to his little life mate again.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

The room that was to be Alexus' until she was comfortable in their marriage was gorgeous and grand.