Nuclear Contamination

The Bible also speaks of such things as nuclear war and weaponry. Over 2,500 years ago, recorded in the Book of Ezekiel 39:12-15, the Bible describes God's judgement upon the enemies of Israel, which many see as the future Battle of Armageddon. The Scriptures say:

"And seven months shall the house of Israel be burying of them, that they may cleanse the land...And they shall sever out men of continual employment, passing through the land to bury those that remain upon the face of the earth, to cleanse it: after the end of seven months shall they search. And the passengers that pass through the land, when any sees a man's bone, then shall he set up a sign by it, till the buriers have buried it in the valley of Hamongog."

Before the discovery of nuclear energy, and the advancements in nuclear warfare technology, this portion of Scripture would have made absolutely no sense. Ezekiel 39:9 demands that even the enemy's weapons be burned. So many people will die that it will take seven months for specialized workers to bury the dead. The Bible is very specific about how the remains are to be disposed of. When as little as a few bones are discovered, a special marker is to be placed near the remains until the buriers have handled the fragments. This is an obvious reference to radioactive contamination.

 This is an obvious reference to radioactive contamination