Chapter Twenty One

When the unwanted night arrives, Daniel tells me that a limousine will pick me up to take me to the place where he'll be waiting.

He leaves with a suit and tie, the same suit Niall borrowed. Niall looks better in it than Daniel ever will.

I haven't answered Niall. I don't know why he wants to see me tonight, and that it has to be tonight. There's probably something really important he wants to tell me. He must want to apologize to me for seeing him drugged.

My phone rings and I see his number, I hesitate before picking it up.

"Hello."

"Can I come over or is Daniel with you?"

"He's not here," I bite my bottom lip and twirl a piece of hair around my finger.

"Why didn't you text me back? I'm here."

I pace around the room, nervously and my voice fails me, "W-Where are you?"

"I'm in your driveway." He replies and I stop in my tracks to look out of the window.

He was sitting on the hood of the rental car, with his phone against his ear and staring at the ground.

I don't say anything though. I forget to speak as I think of how nice of him to come and visit me. I can tell he really wants to talk to me.

He looks up to the window where I am and he waves slowly.

"Can I come in?"

"I don't think that's..."

"It will take a minute. I promise." He stands up and I nod at him, not trusting my voice. He smiles and hangs up before he approaches the front door.

I hear his unnecessary knock and I stay frozen. What's wrong with me?

I walk towards the mirror to fix my ponytail and walk downstairs to open the door.

I can't help but look at Niall's outfit when I let him come in. He's wearing some blue jeans and a white tank top. He looks... beautiful. His blonde hair is messy like he hasn't brushed it.

He quietly walks into the house and I feel that's something's wrong with him. I'm afraid to ask and find out.

"Where's Daniel?"

"I don't know. I will meet him up somewhere because he has a surprise for me or something," I explain and then add, "a limousine will pick me up in a few and I haven't even showered."

"Oh, so that's explain why you didn't respond to my text message."

I walk towards the kitchen to serve some soda.

"I still don't get it."

"What?" I ask him.

"Why are you still with him after everything?"

"You don't know anything about our marriage. You don't know Daniel."

"I know him enough to conclude that he makes you miserable," He says and he's right. Daniel makes me miserable but I can't ask him for a divorce, he loves me so much and I can't end this.

I open the fridge, "You came here to tell me something. And your minute is up."

NIALL'S POV

Savannah leans down to open the fridge and her butt is up while she grabs something down there. I try not to stare at it and I walk around the kitchen.

"You came here to tell me something. And your minute is up."

I wished I had the guts to tell her that the man she married has been fooling her. If I tell her she won't believe me because I have no proofs in my hands.