.2.

"Um... my name is Sherwin."  He looks up through his eyelashes and smiles shyly.

"Mine is Jonathan, but you can call me Jon." He smiles at the red-haired boy. They shake hands.

Sherwin's eyes were chocolate brown. He had had a large dusting of freckles across his nose and cheeks. His hair was orange and curly. His skin was like porcelain, perfect.

Jon had smooth olive-toned skin, ocean blue eyes, and sleek, dark brown hair. He had the dazzling smile of an angel.

"So, um.. I'm sorry for what happened in the hallway earlier." Sherwin blushed as he remembered the event... all those people staring and whispering...

"It's alright," Jon interrupts his thoughts.  "I just hope people don't make fun of you."

"Don't worry about me, Jon." He liked the way Jon's name felt in his mouth. "People already did. I didn't really have any friends."

"Well, you do now,"  he says with a smile.

Sherwin blushes beet red. "Thanks, Jon. Th-that really means something to me."

The bell rings for the end of school and startles them. Neither of  them say it, but they are both sad they have to go separate ways.

"Oh! I have an idea!" Jon exclaims exitedly.

"A-and what's that?"

"Lets exchange numbers!"

"Oh," Sherwin blinks, then smiles. "Sure."

He watches as Jon pulls out a pink-cased iPhone, and types in the number Sherwin gives him.

"Which way do you walk?" Jon asks, hoping he can walk him home.

"Uh, that way," he says, pointing east.

"Me too. Do you... mind if I walk you home?"

Sherwin shudders at the thought of Jon seeing his house, but agrees. 

They talked the whole time.  Jon found out that Sherwin's favorite color was green, and that he was skilled at drawing.

"Can I see one of your drawings?"

Sherwin nods and pulls out his sketchbook, which he has had for years.  He flips it open to a random page, and what Jon sees puts a deep blush on his face.

On the page, there is a beautiful drawing of.... himself. With a flower crown.

"Wow. I- I love it, oh my gosh."

"Oh, uh. Th-thanks," Sherwin says with a scarlet face.

"This is really, really good, Sher. The shading makes it look so real!" He says, still staring in astonishment at the page. He couldn't believe how good this was.

They were at Sherwin's house.
Jon was sad that he had to leave.  He sighed and reluctantly said goodbye to Sherwin. 

"I'll see you tomorrow."

"Okay. Love y- I mean, uh, b-bye."

He ran to his house, cheeks flaming red from his force of habit. Just before he closed the door, he saw Jon smiling.