Prologue

Mio's Pov

"Mio-sama, the car is ready for you." Finishing the toasted bread, I stood up from my dining chair with the cup of coffee in my hands. With a maid and a butler at the door, I walked out of the dining room with a final look at the scene unfold in front of me. The three emptied seats and the food that laid untouched, silently sitting in the solitude table waiting for the people to come and devour the already cold texture.

As always I guess...

I poured the steamy coffee into my mouth as the caffeine entered my mouth and craved the bitterness into my tongue, leaving a slight acerbic aftertaste on my tongue. Laying down the cup and taking the jacket from the maid waiting for me in front of the door, I headed out of the solitude mansion and into the black limousines.

"Itekimasu." Silently bind my greeting towards the mansion, I turned my head towards the limousines as it drove away. And that was the last time that I see the 'home' that I had.

From the moment that my sister, Masaharu Mika, had caught up in an accident and went into a coma, the harassment of my parents and pressure laid in front of me were unbearable. Masaharu clan is a family filled with excellence and wealthy. In the frame of having elites by generations, my average look, personality, and studies were treated as a huge embarrassment of the family. In opposite of my younger sister, Mika had the intelligence and perfect image of the Masaharu's clan. Despite holding the great honor of the family, she doesn't mistreat me as an embarrassment, she treated me as her honorable older sister and always kind, benevolent towards everyone. However, due to my carelessness, I made her lost the future of her life by letting her involved in an accident.

That day is bright yet somehow chilly. I and Mika were able to slip off from the mansion and played in the basketball court nearby. We practiced basketball together due to our same interest in sports. Unable to fully control the ball, I accidentally threw the ball with too much force cause it to roll off the road. Judging by the closure between the ball and us, My sister decided to pick up the ball without realizing the drunk driver dashing the car through the road. Along with the sound of squicks and crashes, I heard my sister's voice, screams for this cursed day and the red painted on the road and her lovely dress. From tat day, the princess was comatose state.

Sighing at my deep thoughts about my sister, I watched the view continued my way to school.

BEEP!!!

An abrupt stop made me shuttered in the back seat. Shivering in the sudden stop, I turned on the button that connects to the driver seat, demand for an explanation.

"What had happened for this sudden stop, Mr. Cheng?"

"I'll apologize for this matter, but a young girl had suddenly stepped out of the street cause me to involuntarily stopped." Without thinking, I stepped out of the car and run to the front of the car. A young girl shivering in fear sat in the middle of the street as the car was crashing in front of her. Her knees are scraped and wounded and in her hand, a teddy bear was held tightly in her embrace. I kneel down towards the young girl and lead her a hand.

"Are you alright, young girl?" Her brown pigtails hung at the sides of her face. She peered at me and a bright smile plastered on her face warm up the algid morning. She grabbed hold of my hand, silently whispered.

"I'm bringing you with me." Along with the whisper of her words, a bright light enveloped both our figures which also blind my sight as I instantly closed my eye.

"We're here." The melodic voice of the young girl echoed into my ears, as I slowly opened my eye. The familiar white ceiling and white flooring reminded of the hospital room that my sister, Mika stayed in. And in the middle of the room, a familiar brunette laid still in the bed with her eyes continued to be closed, she was skinny, thinner than normal patients due to the two years separation of food. Although there's a pipe that provides her necessary nutrients, it was never enough to restore energy to her whole body. I was surprised, not the fact that we were in my sister, Mika's hospital room, but the fact that we can enter the room within a second.