Chapter 7: Return to Japan

The Third person Pov

"Taiga-nii, here's the apartment that we are staying." Shiro pointed at a combination of blue and white building, while the other hand slightly tugging the side of Taiga's sleeves, gaining the attention of his brother. Spurring his head towards the direction that Shiro's pointing at, Taiga peered at building and enter the building with the given card. Taking the lift to the fifth floor, walking along the corridor and stopped in front of the second last door, which had a plate written 'Kagami' in it. Entering the apartment, the boxes were loaded in the room and the simple apartment had two bedrooms, living room, open kitchen with a small dining room, a washroom and a small balcony.

"You boys are finally here!!" A woman popped up from the door towards the living room. Her silver white hair was tied into a bun and with her wrinkles plastered on her face, yet the charm of the old lady still remains in her smile.

"Is it hard to find this place?" She laid down the boxes that she had and guided the two brothers into the living room. The two brothers shake their heads in disagreement.

"No, it's not, Auntie Marie." The woman stood in front of them is the caretaker that was employed by their mother years ago, when they both were still in Japan. She quickly retired as a caretaker after their leaving and stayed in a position as the owner of this building who is originally her son to welcome new residents. Normally, she just welcome the new residents and shows them around the area, yet this time the residents are the two siblings that she used to take care of, she couldn't help but help them unpack and clean up the flat.

"Thank you for helping us cleaning the flat even though we are supposed to be the ones doing it."

"Oh~ does not have to say thank you to me, I have been always under that care of Kagami-san. This is just a little gratitude from my son for helping him out establishing the company." In the past, their father Kagami Taiyo helped Marie's son to repay some money from the bank because of the huge loan that the son had to establish the company. Along with Kagami's repayment, Marie and her family were able to escape from poverty and able to gain back their original lifestyle.

"If there isn't anything, I shall take my leave." Slowly closed the front door, the apartment was left with boxes of luggage, plain rooms with cleaned walls and floor and the moments of silence.

"Well. Taiga-nii let's unpack. There are too many things to do tomorrow." Setting the boxes in place, Shiro placed his boxes into his room and others in the living room. Taiga did the same, except Shiro's boxes, Taiga took his own boxes.

________________________________________

"Shiro, so have you chosen a school yet?" Taiga devoured the fried rice that he had made for himself and his brother and asked Shiro'a decision on accepting which offer. Shiro, considered as a genius in the school because of his past memories and effort when he's still young, was receiving offers from other elite schools, Rakuzan, Shutoku, Tōō and the newest school and the school where Taiga is going to study, Seirin. Shiro had been pondering for his decision, if he wanted to protect the golden soul, then he should go to Tōō, yet he also wanted to be involved in the storyline, not just a random side character, but a basketball player. He had discussed to Tia days ago, saying that he would choose Tōō Academy just by facts he could protect Momoi Satsuki more easily, yet Tia rejected the idea.

"Mo~ you're too selfless. My lord gives a chance to live again from the start, doesn't specifically mean that you need to live a life beside the golden soul twenty-four-seven and protect it. He also wanted you to enjoy your life, making your own choices and live a life with honor. Making a choice based on what God's mission given to you isn't the only way, although most of the time my Lord's words are mostly right, yet he didn't want you to be chained up from choosing the right answer for yourself. He wanted you to explore yourself, making decisions based on your own thoughts and emotion. That's why he didn't force you to be reincarnated as Shiroin your first life. So choose the school you wanted to go, not the school that you were forced to go."

Even you told to choose one by myself...

The breakfast was left untouched and left Shiro with some time to think. Shiro, personally wanted to go to the same school with his brother, Seirin, yet somewhere in his heart, he knew he needs to avoid that choice or else he will be deeply involved in the storyline, causes some sort of changes in the predicted future. The fact that his existence had already caused some changes the storyline, such as originally Taiga is a basketball idiot, who knew nothing but basketball, started to get average marks in his studies with Shiro's help. Shiro could only just sighed in disappointment and picked up the chopsticks to start eating the cold meal. Taiga, who already finished went back to change to his school uniform, preparing for his first day of school.

"Shiro have you decided yet? You know you need to reply them by today. If you are coming to my school, come with me. I will wait for you." Shiro devoured the scrabble egg and ham and turned to his older brother.

"It's fine, Taiga-nii. I'm going to another school."

"Eh? Alright. But where are you going to study?" Shiro could just sadly smile.

"Tōō Academy."