Chapter 5: My smiles are sometimes scary

Shiro's Pov

There are people that ask about the reason of my expressionless face, the reason that if I show emotion on my face, it will cause troubles for me. I started realizing it when me, Tatsuya and Taiga first bought our rings.

"This is the symbol of our relationship, Shiro, Taiga, my younger brothers." Himuro put his fist in front of Taiga as Taiga wore the silver ring.

"Got It! Tatsuya! I will never lose this ring!" Taiga put his fist against Himuro's fist, he grinned in delight. As if they are waiting for my fist pump, I quickly put the ring on my index finger until I realized something wrong.

"Tatsu-nii!! This is too big for me!!" Hearing my shout, Tatsuya and Taiga first looked surprised, then laughed at me. Taiga pointed at my extra large ring and bending down due to the aching of his waves of laughter while Tatsuya who found my fingers quite cute held my tiny fingers and observing them.

"Ha-Shiro, your fingers are too thin and small!! Haha!!" Unexpected reality caused this humorous situation, Taiga continued to giggle on. Embarrassed at the scene, I held my tears at the corner of my eyes, as the younger me couldn't hold my emotion. At the end, biting my upper lip, I pouted. Somehow my pout had taken effect on the woman in the stall who sell the rings, smiling she give me another ring as an exchange of the current one that I had in my tiny fingers. The pout on my face faded away as an innocuous smile replaced on my face.

"THANK YOU!! MISS!!"

Thud!

"Miss! Are you alright?!" The woman who saw my smile fainted. Witnessing the scene, Taiga and Tatsuya both tried to wake her up. At that time is the first time I know that my smile is terrifying.

"What's up with that gloomy face, Shiro?" With a hand on my shoulders, Taiga approached me with a radiant smile. Snapping out of my thought, I had a face remain stoic as I remembered the trauma of the woman who suddenly fainted due to my smile.

"Nothing. Just thinking of something." As usual, I sat at the bench waited my brother finishing his street basketball game. It's been two years since Tatsuya graduated and leave this region, the strong belief that he will see Tatsuya again, my brother started to play street basketball with a bunch of other middle school boys.

"Taiga, do you need to study for your math test tomorrow?" Putting a bookmark at my novel, I turned my attention towards Taiga as sweat started to form on his forehead. Taiga, who is currently 15 and me, a 14 years old boy studied in the same grade due to my excellences in school. His grades were terrible and in often times, I need to teach him back the thing that we learned in school. I hold my book down as I held a stare with my older brother.

"E-Em....I still haven't..." Frowning at Taiga's attitude towards his studies, I see Taiga sweat-dropped at the fact that his younger was worried about his grades. Disappointingly I sighed.

"I see. It's going to be a long night...." Taiga's face dropped, sighing at the red marks on his past test.

"Pfft, Taiga you're really bad at studying. Hahaha." Alex stole the ball from Taiga, giggling her back to the court. She looked back at the two teens as she gives them a wink.

"Go back and study already. If you flunk your math test, then don't ask me to train you anymore." Hearing the words said from his coach's mouth, Taiga had sweats dripping on his face and his face went pale.

"WHA-THAT'S UNFAIR!!"

"If you think that it's unfair, then pass the test." Silently smiling at the scene, Shiro giggled at the two arguing figure, in their shadow portrayed the two younger version of the two boys. As he remembers the scenes of their young days, the days that Himura was here standing with Shiro, giggling the same scene. A sudden sensation from the gem sends out to his brain as if it's reacting to something strong.

"The miracles had awakened. The five individuals had awakened their latent talent in basketball. Guardian, please watch over them."

Shiro, the guardian of the first gate in Zone smiled when he heard the echo of the zone. When he first entered zone, he was appointed to be the 'guardian' of the first gate zone, keeping the zone gate door open for specific people only. However, as a guardian, he doesn't have the right to open for specific people, such as Kiyoshi Teippi, or his big brother Himuro Tatsuya, who have great passion and skills towards basketball, yet are not qualified to the gate, he's only an observer, the miracle that does nothing but watches over the miracles battle the way to understand the purpose of 'zone'.

So this's where the show going to start. The time where all Miracles assemble, the time where they spend time with the destined shadow, the place where everything started. But first, let's get this guy (Secretly staring at Taiga) the miracle who didn't become one of the miracles, to Japan first.

"Everything is according to plan~" Shiro whispered his words and walked away, reminding himself to pick up Taiga later, because it's most likely that he would slip out and play.

~a few days later~

"Su-chan!!" A sudden grab from behind from her great mother, Sanako, Shiro couldn't help be gasps at the abrupt action. Shiro was at home, studying for his final exam that will happen about one month later until her mother suddenly pushed the door open and pushed him to her chest. A sigh escaped from his mouth as he looked up to his mother.

"What is it, mother?"

"Su-chan! Do you want to go to Japan and study?"

"Japan? Why?" Taking off his black-framed glasses, he spurred his head to his mother, suspicious at the sudden return to his home country.

"Oh. Because I and dad were planning to move back to Japan next three years. We want to you guys to get used to the environment there, so you guys can go back first!"

Anyways everything is going to start there.

"Sure, mother. I don't mind." Then I let a genuine smile plastered on my face with my mother screaming in the background. She quickly hugged me tight and quizzed me tight.

"Kyaa~~Su-Chan is really cute~ I wonder why aren't you born as a girl? Ah!" She clapped her hands together as if she thought of something, with a radiant smile, her words were as if she was brainwashed by the devil, brainwashed by mischievous thoughts.

"Su-Chan, do you want to try cross-dressing?"