house of devils and hot bonfires | .03

ONCE the group landed on the ground, Madeline pulled her hood over her head and loaded her weapons

ONCE the group landed on the ground, Madeline pulled her hood over her head and loaded her weapons. Madeline also placed her mask on her face, since the air on Earth as became almost unbreathable. She was still silent, only responding in hums of approval or disapproval. Alex only frowned when his friend would not speak to him at all.

"The fallen are littered amongst the wild, you will find them in every twist in corner of the world." Xander spoke into their ear pieces as everyone split into groups, Zach and Luca taking the right towards the radio station, Katie, Alex, and Madeline taking the left towards the apartments.

Fallen screams were heard in the distance as Madeline's head perked up. Alex noticed this as well, also noting that the screams were in the same direction as the apartments.

"Don't hurt yourself, Maddy!" Luca yelled as they started to walk into different directions, a smirk plastered on his lips - knowing it was going to piss her off further. Madeline only replied in silence, not going to give him the satisfaction of her distastefulness.

Alex watched as his friend actually held on to her anger and didn't respond to the simple mockery. Katie pulled her helmet down to cover her face as well Alex followed her. The Hunter and the Titan followed one angry Madeline through the wasteland known as Earth.

It was silent for the most part, the only sound is their boots hitting the ground. Madeline just kept on staring forward, not taking her eyes off of the apartment building in front of her. After a few minutes, the group of three made it. Madeline kicked the front door in, putting her gun straight in front of her, ready for any type of attack.

Once stepping in, Alex joined her taking her left and Katie taking her right. Giving the signal, they all spread out - taking their respective direction. Madeline went to the apartment in front of her, first checking for any hostiles. Upon finding none, Madeline looked around for anything to loot.

In the living room, Madeline only found a few undamaged books for Katie but that was it. Moving to the kitchen, Madeline hit the jackpot, she found liquor. It was piled up in a specific section of the kitchen and Madeline took as much as she could carry. She grinned as she exited the apartment but her face fell completely as she heard a Fallen screech, one different from before.

All the hunters were forced to study up on every known type of species that they were allied with and enemies. They studied their weaknesses, how to defeat such type enemies and how they worked in battle. And Madeline knew that screech.

"Was that the..." Katie started to speak into the coms, able to hear her gun cock in the background. Madeline also raised her gun, exiting the apartment as quickly they entered.

"The House of Devils. C'mon, get out of there and let's go find where that came from!" Madeline spoke, leaving the building. She looked around, seeing what lies in their path. Alex and Katie met up with Madeline moments later, having the same determined expression on their faces.