NEIL M. [6]

To say Matt was acting weird was an understatement. After a little burst of 'I hate you' he had gone silent, at first, it was only because he was stuffing his face with the fries and cheeseburger but that was over thirty minutes ago. One thing I knew, he didn't keep quiet unless something had upset him or he's pissed.

In this case, I had no idea which one it was considering I tend to either piss him off or upset him.

I didn't want to ask because he's an emotional guy—and I find that weird as well as cute. My honey brown eyes drifted off the road to Matt, the leather collar accenting his fair skin and black hair. His head was turned, gazing out the window; I looked away flickering my attention to the rear mirror out of habit.

"A man came asking questions about us," He spoke after a long period of silence and I let him continue before I decided to get angry and yell at the idiot. "He didn't recognize me or anything. Apparently, they know you kidnapped me—he also said my family is worried sick." He sounded distracted, sad.

That's when I understood what was running through his head; I tried not to turn away from the road. "Was he a cop?"

"I don't know, I think so? He asked me questions like he was a cop, but I didn't see a badge."

A red flag rose from the back of my head quickly pulling over catching the black-headed male's attention. I turned to him, "You're telling me you talked to a total stranger, asked you questions about us, and he didn't have a badge? Doesn't that sound weird to you?" Matt looked bemused, furrowing his eyebrow as he pondered over my questions.

He opened his mouth, "Well...yeah, I guess. He could've been a random guy."

I gave him a sharp look, "There's no such thing as 'random guy'. The police are looking for us and 'some guy' who isn't a cop appears in Chicago? How the hell did he know to look here? The police might not even know I was heading to Chicago. When did the media mention anything about it?" I ran a hand through my hair in frustration and I swear it was like I'm dragging a target.

He talked to a total stranger who I am assuming could be an assassin imposing as a cop and Matt had no fucking idea. Of course, he didn't. He had no experience at this kind of thing and at this very second, I'm thinking about who that man was and where he was. He must have contacted his Boss that we're here or maybe Matt was convincing which I doubt it.

"What did you tell him?" I inquired. Matt's cheeks held a pink hue making me wonder what was running through his head. "I didn't tell him anything. I acted like I didn't know anything then...he...saw the handcuffs."

I rose an eyebrow waiting for him to continue but he grew reluctant, "And? What did you say?"

He cleared his throat squirming on the seat looking away in embarrassment, "I...I said...I liked being handcuffed...and stuff." His voice dropped a volume in the end.

I stared at him long and hard as I gathered my thoughts and bit my lower lip at his declaration. I knew it wasn't true but a part of me would have found it very pleasing to have him tied up and ready for me.

That explains his sudden 'I hate you'.

"Well, I hope that was convincing because if it wasn't, we're going to get killed." I didn't bother sugarcoating it, not when our lives were on the line constantly after Matt did something he shouldn't do. I didn't tell him anything because I know he wouldn't listen. I tell him not to run, he runs; I tell him not to come in contact with anyone, he calls his mother; I tell him to run if things got dangerous, he stays in place. Even if I did tell him not to talk to anyone, he would have done it anyway because that's Matt.