NEIL M. [10]

I was lost to what the hell was going on, I don't know if I should worry about getting myself caught or Matt getting in more danger than I first thought he was. How the hell did they find me? Were they that close in tailing us in Chicago? What the hell does Alec Roman want with Matt?

I didn't know the answer to those questions but what I did know is that it was scaring Matt. It was angering me seeing him become so small and wounded; the way he helplessly looked at me with those blue eyes that stunningly glistened under the sliver radiance of the moon. I'm stupid, I know I am but I couldn't help it.

He's paranoid to the point he refused to sleep, his hand clutching tightly onto my larger one as if he was afraid I'd suddenly disappear on him. It didn't make it any easier hearing Matt tell me he didn't want to go back home. Hearing him tell me he likes me, that he wants to stay with me makes me feel like a shitty bastard. He has a family, he has a life and I'm not going to take that away from him.

It's true I wanted him to have a little fun with me because I'm crazy and creative but it doesn't mean I want him to live all his life in danger having to move from one place to another. He wouldn't be able to settle down, make friends, or do normal things without worrying about getting a bullet in his skull.

"Neil," He spoke softly, fingers squeezing my hand while the other gripped the stirring wheel having to grit my jaws in order to beat down the anger seething in me. "What if they find us again?"

I hate seeing Matt like this, I prefer him shooting his mouth off, insulting me, and stubbornly doing whatever he wants. All the feistiness was reduced to a frightful animal with no sense of instinct other than hiding. "I'm not going to lie. They'll find us eventually and we'll die, so I won't hold it against you if you blame me."

"I stopped blaming you a long time ago. Playing the blame game isn't going to solve anything." He retorted and for once he was being mature about things. I glanced over at the black haired pretty boy, his eyes casted down. "Eventually you will again, I have that affect on people," I paused deciding whether or not it was a good moment to bring up that conversation. "Matt, do you remember what you told me?"

Honey brown eyes observed his reaction for a split second before focusing on the dark road illuminated by the bright lights of my car. "N-No." He stutters, stiffening in his seat which clearly meant he does remember. An amused smirk etched on my lips, "No need to be so embarrassed pretty boy. I knew you had a thing for me—I'm irresistible." I joked, soothing out the tension choking us in silence.

"You're such a narcissist," Matt says in exasperation, "I was drunk. I....I—uh-"

"Nice try," I interrupted before he was able to say the words that would most likely either hurt me or numb me. "I know you like me, you said it, and you kissed me. You also said you didn't want to go home—mind explaining that to me?"

I was met with silence, his fingers squeezing me so tightly, I could hear his breathing grow shallow then deepen before he withdrew a small air of serenity. "I meant it. I don't want to leave you alone, I don't want to be away from you. If I go back home it's going to be the same thing all over again, they're going to pretend, they're going to lie to me, and then I have to do what they're doing in order to make my sister happy. I have to pretend like I don't notice anything, like I believe every bullshit they keep giving me."

I shook my head, "You don't have to put up with their shit to begin with. Pretending like everything is fine will only hurt those you care about than make them feel better. You can be yourself, you can show them that you don't like what they're doing, that you want the truth not lies they expect you to accept without question. At some point they will realise that what they're doing is hurting you."