Chapter 1

Sophia & Torment 

Chapter 1

--

Sophia’s POV 

I walked out of the school, towards Daniel’s car, smiling at him. I gave a small wave to my brother, and he waved back. “Hurry up Pee!” He messaged me on my cell phone he bought me yesterday. 

I gawked at him and held up my cell as I reached him.

“Really? You’ve got to be kidding me!” I exclaimed, and he laughed. “Yup, I had to.” 

I slipped into the car. Daniel pulls away, driving in the opposite direction so we don’t get stuck in some sort of traffic jam. “So what’s up?” He grins. “No Daniel. Just, no.” I smile jokingly, Daniel is practically my brother.

“Laaaaawwwwlll.” I groan, looking out the window. “Is that..” Daniel squints out the front window. I look, and in the distance, I see a red head running at our vehicle, head on. “Stop! Don’t hit her!” I squeal and Daniel pulls over quickly, turning the engine off. She is still running at us. 

“What in Heaven is that?” Daniel asks. I look closer. “I don’t know. Why is she turning in the direction to actually go at us?” 

As she gets closer, I see her face.

That’s when a scream escapes my lips.

--

Torment’s POV

Damn you, you little red head! What the hell is your problem, Sophia!? You are going to hurt us. I run faster at their car, and if we weren’t so close to the school, my wings would launch out and I’d be flying at them instead, but I can’t risk it, even though I’d love to. 

Her face rushes with recognition as she continues to stare at me. 

Then, an ear piercing scream escapes from the contents of their vehicle. 

I collapse on the ground, holding my ears plugged. Soon I am screaming too. Would someone tell her to shut up?! It freaking hurts! What a little brat! I will hurt her. Wait. As usual, I can’t, or I’ll face death. Why did heaven steal her half of the soul? I’m glad my father got me when he did. I’d have a hell of a time up there. I’d probably die of boredom and misery.

She finally stops, and gets out of the vehicle, racing towards me. “Are you okay?” She asks. 

“Do I know you?” Is what I hear.

“Damn it, Sophia. 17 years and your still that silly little angel. How long do you wanna stay this way, eh?” 

“How do you know my name?” Is the first thing she asks. “And what do you mean angel?”

“My name is Torment. Satan is my father, and I am here to take back what is mine. Well, his. Give me the other half of my soul back. Don’t you know who you are?” I begin, snarling.

“What?” She exclaims. “Sophia. Get back in the car. Now.” A male voice speaks. I look to see the driver of the vehicle, and I recognize him as an angel. Ah yes, the little boy that stole part of my soul. “You.” I hiss. “Daniel. If you hadn’t stole Sophia, heaven wouldn’t be my father’s enemy anymore.” I begin walking towards him. My wings unfurl, and my fangs slice out of my teeth. “What’s it gonna be pretty boy? Your own soul, or hers.” I snarl. Either way, she’d be mine. I’d always find her. We were one and the same. 

My hands burst into red flames, and my hair lights fire, and my eyes are now sharp red. 

“Well?” I hiss again.