Chapter 9; Secrets and more secrets

Chapter 9

Sophia & Torment

Torment’s POV

MUST READ:

This chapter may be a little boring for one, sorry!

Two, do you remember Drina from chapter one? If not, go re-read chapter one now! You might be confused with some of the stuff in this… Also, the nurse from the hospital? It isn’t mentioned in the book, but that was Drina as well, in disguise. She was keeping an eye on Sophia for Torment like asked, keeping tabs and stuff….

I scrambled up from the floor and quietly walked towards them. Sneaking up from behind God’s back, sword ready in my hands. I nodded to Sophia.

But as I got closer to God, he spun around and his sword crashed against mine. Sophia twisted her foot around his and pulled, tripping him. He fell back to the ground.

Now it was my turn to rest my sword against his neck. “Give up yet?” I hiss, clenching my teeth.

“As if!” God snorts, causing me to snarl in disgust. “Cocky guys sicken me.”

“Time to lower your ego.” Sophia speaks, stealing God’s sword.

“Time to die!” Sophia and I shout together, and as I prepare to swing my sword through his neck, he begins laughing and vanishes from sight.

Sophia coughs and falls over, and something smashes into my back, and I fall forward. I land on the ground with a loud thud. “Damn magic.” Sophia snarls as we stand back up.

“Where the hell is he?” I look around, and he appears sitting on his throne.

“I’m sick of this.” Sophia says and grabs my hands.

“We will always fight together.” Sophia begins. “Nothing you can do will stop us. We fight as one!” I shout, and once more, it seems we have no control of ourselves. My right hand is dragged into the air by her left hand and we step back.

Her eyes glaze over and turn a deep purple and she glows green and blue. My own skin is on fire, glowing purple and red and orange.

“IT IS YOUR TURN TO DIE!” Sophia screams.

We put both hands forward and a bright light explodes from our hands, and my vision goes from everything being white, to turning black.

--

Sophia’s POV

My eyes flutter open to see God laying on the floor. I crawl over and check his pulse.

He’s dead. We won.

I look at Torment, who is slowly sitting up. “Where am I?” She asks.

“Torment. We- We won!” I exclaim, and smile at her.

“Wait.. W-won? The war?!” She looks at me confused and I nod.

“Ohmigod! We won! We rule the world!” Her eyes widen, and she stand up.

Before I know it, we’re back on Earth.. but there is no one to really share the news of our victory with, because most people would think we’re crazy, and Daniel and Tyler are dead!

The thought makes me greive, and all I want to do is curl up and cry. There’s been too much death.

A dark, shady looking girl appears in front of us. “Torment….. It’s the shadow’s. With the devil gone, we’re losing our powers….. We’re going to fade out soon. I wanted to say good bye.” She has a sad face…  

“Drina!” Torment exclaims and hugs the girl.

Drina smiles, and her bright blue eyes twinkle as her feet start fading away. “I love you Torment. You were like a sister.. Emily needs you now…” And with that, Drina turns to dust. “N-no.” Torment cries, and a tear runs down her cheek. “We’ve both lost people.” I say, and hug her.

Instead of shoving me away, Torment clings to my arms and sobs into my shoulder, like a true sister would.

I pat her head and tell her things will turn out for the better, we just have to move forward. Like now… I think we need to go see this Emily.

--

Torment opened a door slowly, and it appeared extremely heavy.

“Let’s go,” She ushered me in and dragged the door shut, then lead me down a dark path into a relatively normal looking town. She walked down the street, and I pulled my hair up. “It’s hot.” I sighed.

“We’re in Hell. What do you expect?” Torment gave a light laugh, and I felt my eyes widen, but I smiled. “How did I not see that one coming? I don’t know, I just pictured this pace like ice cold, instead of humid and hot.”

“I don’t know,” Torment smiled at me, and lead me through large doors and into small, boxish interior. “Where are we?”

“My personal castle.” Torment smiled, and pressed a purple button.

“Hello?” A nice sounding voice came through the tiny room.

“Torment is here with a guest!” I say, and Torment laughs. “Yo. Sorry Stephen! It’s me, so open up! I have someone I want you to meet! And invite Emily over immediately!”

“As you wish!” Stephen says, and doors open and we step into a lovely, cream walled, glossed grey floor wall.

“So who is Stephen?” I nudge Torment, and she smiles. “He was a childhood friend, and took a job as a butler. He’s not a demon though. Just a lost soul. Some of the special souls are able to age, he is one of them!”

“I am sorry to hear of Drina’s death, m’lady.”

“Shut it Stephen,” Torment joked and hugged him. “But yeah, I’m a little depressed Drina died. The four of us used to be the best of friends.” She then pouted.

“Emily will be here in a matter of minutes, you two get changed then introduce me to everyone.” Stephen wiggled his eye brows, and Torment giggled as she led me up a large staircase and down a long hallway, and stopped short, knocking on a door.

“Come in!” A young girls voice spoke. Torment opened the door. “I’m home Lace. Get dressed, Emily is coming over!” Torment shouted and continued down the hall, and into a large room. “Pick a dress, you can get changed in the bathroom, okay?” Torment looked at me and I nodded.

“Lace is Stephen’s twin sister, she died a while ago, but she is frozen at the age of 7.” Torment explains as we look through the dresses. I pick out a pretty purple dress, while she grabs a white ruffled, red coloured, black laced dress. I already know it looks beautiful on her.

I go into the bathroom and change into the dress.

After being introduced to Stephen, the doorbell rings and he opens it. I look at the girls face, and faint.

--

Sorry the chapter is so short! I hope you liked it a little bit, even! I am off to write the next one.. Hmmm… who is Emily? Why did Sophia faint at the sight of her?

Secrets, secrets!