Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Sophia & Torment

--

Torment’s POV

I had accomplished my job. I stalked out of the gym, and left the school. I went home, and tore off copies of Sophia’s clothing. I put on my dark clothes and immediately was relaxed, removing the make up and my eyes slowly turned red with joy.

Tyler thought Sophia hated him, and that she never wanted to see him again.

When I told him this, pretending to be Sophia, his heart was well, broken, and I could tell. It didn’t bother me. I still wish I could kill him. I know that Sophia saw, because when she burst into tears there was a sick feeling in my heart of slight pain. Thankfully it was more for her and less for me, so I would have a higher strength when I took the rest of my soul back.

I just prayed my plan to keep them away from each other and it would work without failure.

--

Sophia’s POV

I stepped into the school, and closed the door behind me. I set my things in my locker, and didn’t go to class right away. I fixed myself up in the bathroom, and got a late slip from the office saying I slept in. I went to class and silently gave it to the teacher, and sat down in my chair. Sadly the only place empty was as usual, right beside Tyler.

I wished for even a seat in front, but I knew it’d be too weird for me not to sit there. He probably didn’t know I had caught him cheating on me.

I didn’t even know who this new girl was!

I slid into my seat, and we ignored each other, both of us only seeming to focus on our work. A little while before class ended, I could feel his eyes staring at me with extreme hate.

Why did he hate me? Shouldn’t it be me hating him?!!? He broke my heart! He cheated on me!

I realized that today was Friday, and when Monday rolled around again – I would be in trouble. That would be because Torment would be back. Daniel still hadn’t told me who she was or anything, either.

So, here I was, going to have to keep my soul protected from her for some reason I didn’t know, and yet I could sense my abilities were down, and it was all Tyler’s fault!

If Tyler hadn’t hurt me this way, Torment wouldn’t have such a good chance of stealing my soul.

I think of her evil laughter in my ears yesterday, and the smiling shadows….. Had this happened on purpose?

Was Tyler even human?

I looked at him, and poked him. He gave me a glare, but I didn’t get any bad aura’s off of him. Strange.

I looked back at my notes, suddenly confused about everything. What was going on? And what was happening to me? All these questions swirling around me suddenly became too much. I was overwhelmed, and felt sick to my stomach.

I gripped my forehead with my hand and massaged my temples. Suddenly, I became very dizzy and the evil laughter and smiling shadows returned to my vision. I opened my mouth to scream, but for a change, nothing came out.

I sat there with a gaping mouth, staring at the things with fear. Torment’s laughter got louder. I began to cry.

Why did it hurt so much?

The teacher noticed me crying, and Tyler was looking at me funny.

“Sophia, are you okay?”

I couldn’t answer, the silent screams kept coming, and the sobs got worse. I was too weak to even shake my head. I felt possessed.

“Tyler, will you take Sophia to the nurses office?”

No! Anyone but Tyler! I wanted to shout, but the pain became overwhelming, and suddenly I couldn’t even see anymore. I felt my body go limp. “Sophia!” I heard their shouts and cries.

The sounds of people rushing around me.

Torment’s POV

Why was I feeling so weak and dizzy? I decided to check on Sophia. I put my hand up to the mirror, and I seen the angel crying, tears streaming down her face. Her mouth a gap, in silent screams. She was sitting beside Tyler. Then I noticed one of the shadows behind her, smiling.

“NO!” I screamed, and Sophia fell from the chair.

Suddenly, I fell to the floor too.

Damn it. I was going to have to do something about those shadows. Where was my father when I needed him?!

--

Sophia’s POV

My eyes slowly opened to see Tyler sitting beside the bed I was in.

What in Heaven was he doing here?

He cheated on me!

Everything floods back to me.

I try to sit up, but it hurts my head, so I wince and lay back down. I see Daniel on the other side of my bed, and both of the boys are asleep. I roll my eyes.

“Tyler.” I hiss. His eyes flutter, but they stay closed. I take his hand and smack himself with it, smiling to myself. He deserves it!

His eyes snap open. “Whuuuuhh?” He slurs, and looks up at me. “Your awake! Are you okay? You – hey! I should be mad at you.” His words come faster than lightning, smacking me.

“What the hell? I should be mad at you! I seen you kissing another girl!”

“I haven’t kissed anyone but you since I met you!”

“Pfft, that’s a lie! I seen you kissing another red head in the gym. I never set foot in that room.”

“Then who the hell broke up with me pretending to be you? I thought you hated me!” He seemed to be blinking back tears.

“What? I never hated you,” I start, eyes widening…

I realize Daniel is still in the room. Crap, I am surprised he hasn’t woke up. Tyler goes to shout something but my hand slides over his mouth, silencing him. “Shh!” I point at my brother, and Tyler’s eyes blink and then he gives a quick nod.

I slowly remove my hand as if he’s going to talk again, and I realize my hand is cool. He licked it!

“Your so gross.” I hiss, wiping my hand on the bed sheet. “Eww…” I whisper.

He rolls his eyes. “Such a girl.”

“Exactly.” I point out deliberately.

Another ton of bricks smacks me across the face. “Crap.” I mutter.

“How long was I out?”

“Well… today is Sunday, and it’s already dark outside.” Tyler speaks.

That means tomorrow…. Torment is coming.

And I bet you anything, it was Torment who tried to break up with Tyler for me…. But why? She wanted my soul to herself, if – she was weakening it! That little-

“Your awake!” Daniel’s voice shakes me out of my thoughts.

“Daniel.” I look at him worriedly.

“Yeah?” He asks.

“Tomorrow is Monday.” I say, and his voice turns dark.

 “Damn.”