Chapter 2

Sophia and Torment Chapter 2

“Do you have an addiction problem?” Tyler asks me.

“An what?” I ask.

“Addiction problem.”

“WHAT?” I blurt.

“Is there any addiction you have?”

You? “Nope.”  I lie. “Do you?”

“Yes.”

“What might that be?” I ask curiously, smirking.

“You... and... Oreo’s.” He grins.

“Huh?” I ask, looking at him confused. “What are Oreo’s?”

“Ohmigod, what planet do you live on?!?! Try this!” He shoves a black and white cookie in my mouth.

I begin to chew, and I swallow it down.

“Can I have another?” I ask smiling. “Sure. Eat my oreo’s!” He laughs, shoving another at me.

“I knew you had an addiction problem,” He mutters as I bite into it.

“Do you have any milk?” I ask, swallowing the cookie. “Not for you.” He chugs his milk container down and laughs.

“Jerk.” I roll my eyes and grab my eco-friendly water bottle instead.

I gulp it down and notice he’s staring at me,  so I put the water down and inhale the fresh air in the cafeteria. “What are you staring at?” I ask.

“Your beautiful.” He says bluntly, and it seems like his answer is more like, “Isn’t it obvious?”

I stole another Oreo cookie at that very second and chomped on it.

“HEY!” He exclaims with sudden realization and we burst into fits of laughter.

--

Torment’s POV

I just had the perfect thought to keep her away from the human boy.

I needed to play dress up.

--

Sophia’s POV

Tyler asked me on a date, and I told Daniel that I was going to hang out with Rosalie, a new friend. I had been going to school for four days. Daniel was stressed because our week was almost up and he didn’t know how to keep me safe. With the time that I had for whatever the threat was, I planned to enjoy it to the fullest!

Who wouldn’t?

“Love you!” I called as I left the house, and I hopped in Tyler’s car.

He grinned at me. “So I can call you girlfriend, right beautiful?”  He asked, smiling at me.

I nodded, smiling softly at him.

He pulled the car into a restaurant’s parking lot and parked it.

I climbed out of the car quickly and rushed to the door. I was surprised at how hungry I was! Today had been reasonably uneventful, except for my discovering Oreo’s.

We waited for five minutes in line and were seated instantly after that, and our waitress looked like she was early thirties. I knew she was upset so when she got my order wrong, I wouldn’t let Tyler complain. I ate what I had, and even if she got it wrong, it was great.

We ate in a comfortable silence, Tyler paid, and we left the restaurant. Instead of taking me home, he dropped me off not far from my house, and kissed me.

“I love you.” He whispered, and as I got out of the car, I waved him off, smiling, as he sped down the street. I walked towards me house, stuck in a dreamy haze. He was perfect...

Maybe a little too perfect?

--

The Next Day (Quick Authour’s note: Sorry. Nothing too important happened on the date... L  but there’s a little bit)

I opened my locker in the afternoon and as I went to put my book bag in my locker, a piece of folded paper fell out. I opened it.

Hey. Meet me in the gym at lunch. J

-Tyler

It was almost lunch now, so I began to head to the gym. I peered in the window, and just in time to see....

Tyler kissing another girl.

--

Torment’s POV

I pressed my lips against his and immediately regretted it. Humans were awful. I much preferred their blood.

“Wait.. Tyler. We need to talk. Last night was great, and... I’d love more. But I can’t. You’re not made for me, it’s just not right. I’m sorry,” I say taking a deep breath.

“W-what?” He stutters. I roll my eyes.

“We’re done.” I snap. “Dammit, it’s over! I lead you on and broke your heart, now leave me alone! I never want to see your face again!” I shout. God, how stupid was he?!

I stormed out.

--

Sophia’s POV

Soon as I seen what I did, I ran down the hall to the bathroom, tears already spilling down my cheeks. I stormed into the bathroom and locked a stall. I tore the letter up and threw it in the toilet, tearing it up.

“I hate him!” I screamed, and flushed the toilet, storming out of the school. I ran home, crying the whole way.

I hated school, there was no point anyways. I didn’t need to learn. I was here to save people, and save myself.

I let out a saddening scream as I got closer to my house. I tripped and landed in the grass of our lawn, and curled up and cried.

“Sophia? Are you okay?”

“Sophia!”

Daniel was in front of me, but his voice was distant. All I could see was the smiling shadows high fiving another and the evil laughter of the girl that wanted my soul.

Then, it hit me like a building of bricks.

Our soul.