chapter three

"It's me Sam. Ashton, we grew up together" he says.

My face drops.

Ashton was like my brother. We found him alone outside our home years before this chaos. He lived with us. Louis and I had initiated him into our little pack. We were always together creating mischief. But as everything started to go down and the battle was beginning. His mother found him and took him away from us shortly after my father's death. I haven't seen him since then, it's been so long I could barely reconize him.

I put my bow down and ran to him, engulfing him into a meaningful hug. Loosing him was terrible considering my father had just passed. He was supposed to be there to help me get through it, but he couldn't.

"I'm so sorry" he mumbled in my shoulder. I could hear his tears through his apologetic words.

"It's not your fault" I said backing from the hug.

He snuffled, whiping his few tears away, me doing the same.

"I'm sorry I threatened to kill you" I said as soon as my voice was straightened out again.

He chuckled, smiling releasing his deep dimples I missed "Apology excepted"

I giggled back. It was awkward to see him again after so many years, but I know I can't let him go. I need to bring him back to my hut maybe he even knows some stuff that we could use.

"It was nice seeing you again, Sam" he said and started to walk away.

"Wait, you're leaving?" I asked

He stopped turning around scratching the back of his head. "Yea, why?"

I furrowed my brows. I hesitated to answer, searching for the right words to say.

"I just saw you for the first time in a long time. We got stuff to make up" I said

He smiled walking back my way "I guess you're right" he sighed

I smiled with a small chuckle. "I'll lead you to my place. I will warn you though, I have visitors, if you don't mind"

"No problem" he said

I walked my path to my home that I have been at for a long time now, him following.

"Who's this?" Harry asked his brows furrowed

"This is my friend, Ashton" I said "We used to know eachother."

'Hello Ashton, I'm Harry and that's my sister Gemma"

Ashton walked over to Gemma but Harry stopped him "She may be sick, but I'm not." his tone was serious.

I looked at him, my brows together in anger. Helooked back and calmed down. Harry let Ashton through to Gemma.

"She has that desease going around, doesn't she?" Ashton asked

"No duh, dipshit" Harry said

He seems to be really protective over his sister, but that doesn't mean he can talk to my long lostbest friend like that.

"Harry!" I snapped

"What?"

I looked at him angrily. "Ashton, please excuse me"

I tilted my head at Harry to let him know to follow me out of the cave.

We stopped when we were completely exposed to the disappearing sun.

"Watch what you say, Harry" I snapped quietly to keep from the others hearing.

"I didn't do anything wrong. As for that Ashton kid, he just arrived out of the blue and started talking to my sister"