Chapter 5

"So you knew him? Like personally?"

"A little. I never tried to get to know him but after we went to spooky island with Mr.Campbell, I decided we were going to be best of friends."

David sat on the couch, holding a framed photo. Max sat beside David, looking at the picture with him.

The photo was of David and Jasper as kids. Jasper was grinning at the camera, David looked slightly annoyed in the picture.

"What the hell happened to him?" Max looked up at David.

"I'm not sure." David frowned.

Max would have brought up the ghost of Jasper from when Nikki, Neil, and him went to spooky island but decided not to.

"Anyway, that's enough moping around for one day." David set the photo on the small table beside the couch.
"Do we need to go out and get you more clothes or anyth-"

"Fuck. No." Max interrupted. "I refuse to leave this dump just to be outside in hot ass weather. It's a hellhole outside." Max crossed his arms.

"Max, language." David frowned. "Well what do you want to do today then?" He asked.

"Stay inside, watch shitty horror movies, and sleep." Max replied to the ginger.

"It could be a family bonding day today!" David grinned.

"HELL NO. WATCHING MOVIES WITH YOU MEANS NOTHING." Max yelled, running off to his room to look for a shitty horror movie.

David laughed at the ten year olds behavior. "Geez." He mumble as he got up and walked to the kitchen to make some popcorn.

Max came back with two movies. He turned the tv on and put one of the movies in a disc player.

Davids phone went off. It was a text from Gwen:

hey. Do you mind getting me some Midol? I would go get it myself but right now I'm on the bathroom floor throwing my fucking guts up.
~ G.

David frowned and texted back.

Of course I will! Do you need anything else? I'll probably have to bring Max along.
~ D

Max?? Whys that little shit with you??
~G

I adopted him, remember? I told you about this the first day I brought him home.
~D

Oh.
Well, just hurry up then. See ya.
~ G

Okie dokie.
~D

David put his phone in his pocket. "Max, grab whatever you need. We have to go get something for Gwen." David said loudly as he grabbed his car keys.

"What!? We was gonna watch shitty horror movies!" Max poked his head in the kitchen. "What the fuck you asshole!?"

"Max. Please watch your language. I'll let you watch movies on my phone." David promised.

"I have my own phone but whatever." Max grumbled, walking outside the front door.

David locked the door behind them.

~Time Skip~
~because I can~

David was driving on the road, listening to his radio station.

Max was in the back, watching some fucked up shit on David's phone.

"Can you turn your stupid shitty radio off?" Max glared at David.
"It's not a terrible station. It's just not something you find interesting." David shrugged.

Max rolled his eyes. "Whatever." He grabbed a pair of headphones and put them on.

It was quiet the rest of the way to Gwen's house.

(Should I update this and add Gwen in this chapter or the next?)