Chapter 6

There was a knock on Gwen's door.

"The doors unlocked!" She yelled.

Gwen was in her room, curled up on her bed. She had a heating pad on her abdomen, and a lot of soft pillows on her bed for her to cuddle up to.

There was a basket of chocolate on the nightstand beside the bed and the tv was currently playing "Supernatural".

David opened the door and walked to Gwen's room. He knocked two times before opening the door. "Hi Gwen!" He smiled.
"Hi David." Gwen grumbled. She sat up on her bed.

"I brought you some Midol, a bunch of chocolate, and some feminine products." David set the bag on the bed. "You are a literal life saver." Gwen grabbed the bag and took the bottle of Midol from it. She set the pill bottle on the nightstand.

"If you want, I can make you some food." David offered.
"Nah, I'm fine." Gwen shrugged.

Meanwhile, Max was roaming around Gwen's house.

It was a small apartment but it was nice. Davids apartment was a bit bigger but not by much. Max grabbed the tv remote and sat down on the couch in the living room.

He turned the tv on and opened the apps up. He clicked on Netflix and turned on a horror movie.

"Where are you working, now that summers over?" David asked.
He was sitting on the bed with Gwen.
"Probably at a grocery store." She shrugged. "Well you don't live far from me. If you want, I can try to get you a job at the preschool I work at." He offered, hoping she would say yes.

The kids at preschool were a bit more behaved than the campers at Camp Campbell, but David had to admit:
The kids was rambunctious and hard to handle on his own.

"Didn't we just get done taking care of kids?" She scoffed.
"Yeah but I promised the old lady that ran it that I wouldn't mind helping her until a actual preschool teacher applied for the job."

"David. You're too nice for your own good. You can't help every single person who asks for help."

"I know. I can't help it." David shrugged with a sheepish smile.

Gwen gave David a small annoyed expression. After a few seconds she reluctantly said "fine. I'll help."

David grinned and hugged her. "Thank you so much! I'll bring you more chocolate later." He promised.

"Okay. Imma just go take a shower so you should probably just go and leave."

"Okay. Call me if you need anything." He hugged her again before leaving her room to go get Max.

~ ~ ~
This one is short because I've been a bit busy. I'm sorry.
~ ~ ~