Chapter 2

"WHAT THE FUCK"
The clown opened its mouth to reveal a terrifying amount of number of teeth, quickly about to bite my right arm off. I snatched my hand back as fast as I can. My phone drops back into the drain. I stumbled back, too petrified to move. My body went into shock.
"Emi you shouldn't have done that" the clown said with rage with a pissed off look on his face.
"And if you were wondering who I am, I am Pennywise the clown and this is not over." He said and slowly disappeared back into the storm drain.
Then I saw a red balloon float up from the drain up into the sky. This can't be happening. This can't be real at all. I pushed my long, dirty blonde hair out of my face. I at last got the guts to stand up and move my body from the ground. I started to run as fast as I can to head back home. Nobody will believe me if I tell them this. This can't be happening.
I finally ran up my porch steps and got into my house. I slammed the door and made sure to lock it.
"MOMM" I yell at the top of my lungs.
My mom walks over my way with a bottle of beer held into her left hand. She's obviously drunk. She has always been an alcoholic ever since my dad left two years ago when I was 12.
"What are you screaming and crying about" she said, obviously annoyed by my presence.
"MOM I DROPPED MY PHONE DOWN A STORM DRAIN AND THEN A CLOWN CAME AND ABOUT RIPPED MY ARM OFF AND NOW I AM GOING TO DIE" I say to her panicking with tears falling down my cheeks.
"You are fucking crazy Emily, stop being a child and go to bed" my mom said as she walked back into the living room and fell onto the couch and passed back out. Nobody is going to believe me. I grabbed our house's home phone and dialed 911"
"911 what's your emergency?" the lady on the phone answered.
"There is an evil clown, going by the name of Pennywise living in the storage drains in town and trying to kill people!" I say super fast. The faster I talk the faster they can catch this psychopath. I told her the rest of the story about my phone.
"Um, I'm sure I can send a few police officers to check down there." She says in a voice that sounds like she doesn't believe me.
"THANK YOU SO MUCH" I say feeling relieved that maybe this psychopathic demon will get caught.
"What's your name and address" "My name is Emily Bennett and I live on 1308 14th street." I told her.
"Thank you for calling. Police will investigate shortly." She says to me.
"Thank you so much" I say and I hang up the phone.
I walk up my stairs and go into my room. I jump onto my twin size bed as it reacts and squeaks. Is it possible that I could have imagined this? If I did will all the police now think I'm crazy? My mind filled with so many questions and I was thinking for a good hour.
I was starting to regret calling 911. Then I heard a knock at the door downstairs. I shot off my bed at looked out my window down below. I saw two police men waiting at the door. One slim and tall and the other on the chubby side but also tall. I ran down the stairs and nearly tripped. I unlocked the door and swung the door open to the police.
"Are you Emily Bennett?" The slim one said to me.
"Yes." I reply.
"Well, we went down into the sewers, searched the rain gutters, and we even did a check around the town and we saw unfortunately saw no sign of a clown" he said.
"Is this your idea of a joke?" The chubbier one said.
"N-no, I am actually serious" I say.
"Is your mother home?" Said the skinnier one.
I looked over on the couch seeing my mom still passed out.
"No she went a few towns away to visit a friend for a few hours." I said lying. If they know she is drunk, who knows what other drama will happen.
"Well I suggest sleep Emily, it helps. Have a great rest of your day" he says.
Asshole.
"Bye" I say and shut the door. I see them both walk back into their police car, obviously seeming annoyed at the fact they searched everywhere to find nothing.
I walked slowly back up my stairs and back into my room. I slammed my door. I know I saw that demon clown. It seemed too real to be fake.
It was about 9 pm so I turned off my lamp. Maybe I'll try sleep. I slipped underneath my warm covers attempting to sleep. I tossed and turned for about 30 minutes but I could not fall asleep. I looked around my room dazing off.
Then my eyes were set to my closet, as there were two bright glowing yellowish red things that seemed to be directly gazing at me. Then I realized they were eyes. They weren't just any eyes, I noticed they belonged to Pennywise. I could recognize those eyes from anywhere. I froze in shock as Pennywise stepped out of my closet and then hovered over my bed.
"I'll let this go this time Em, I like to play with my food anyways."