Breakeven

What am I supposed to do when the best part of me was always you and

            What am I supposed to say when I’m all choke up then you’re ok?

Yes, I am broke but how did it happen? Have I done something wrong? Do I really deserve this? Ms. Mathematician had a great life during her high school years. She had the best set of friends, boyfriend and a good standing in her academics and she was one of the candidates to be the Best in Math Award. But her perfect high school life is not forever as well as her relationship with her boyfriend that did not last long.

            “Right from the start of our relationship, he was not really affectionate so I thought that he was just not showy but I know that he cares for me with his simple acts of gentleness. But the problem was he also acts that way with the others. I never felt special. I love him very much so I tried to understand him”.

            However, the boyfriend of Ms. Mathematician secretly named Mr. User was aware that his girlfriend felt that she was not special. He didn’t want to hurt his girlfriend but he had to do it.

            “My conscience was telling me that I should stop the mess I made up. I know that in due time, I was going to hurt her feelings. But I felt so helpless. She’ll be hurt in either ways. If I would continue this drama of being close with my opponent, surely, she’ll be hurt big time if she found out. Yes, I was only using her so that I could get her place in the rankings in school. But if I would end this, she’ll also be hurt because I couldn’t give her a decent reason why I do I have to end our relationship”.

            The show of Mr. User went on till graduation day. He got the place of Ms. Mathematician in which he really wanted.

            “He broke up with me after the graduation. He said that it was better if we were going to end our relationship because he said, he couldn’t handle college and love life together. I was waiting for him to promise that right after college we could be together but he never mentioned or gave any word that I could hold on to. He did not give me an assurance that we had a chance to be together again”.

            Even though it was hard for Ms. Mathematician to accept his decision, she tried to understand him. She thought to herself that he had done that because he loves her, or maybe not?

            “I broke up with her after our graduation. It was not because I already got what I wanted of her but because I don’t want to endure her pain. I know that she was in pain for our relationship was not like the other couples”.

            After Mr. User broke up with Ms. Mathematician, he courted another girl. This girl got his attention back when they were in their first year high school but Mr. User suppressed his feelings and projected it to some other girls.

            “I found out that my ex-boyfriend was courting another girl but I didn’t want to believe it. He told me that he couldn’t handle his studies in college and his love life at the same time. But when I saw his facebook status, it really wounded my heart. I had loved him for three years even before he told me that he also feels the same way. Now I was uncertain if he truly had loved me”.

            Sometimes problems of a relationship were not always about pride, jealousy, and having no time with each other. There were also incident in which someone was not really into you and he was just using you. Ms. Mathematician remained single and she was still trying to move on with the help of her friends but Mr. User was now in a relationship whom he courted after the break up.

            ‘Cause when a heart breaks, no it don’t breakeven… I’m falling to pieces.