Flashbacks

Haeyeon's pov:

<<Memory>>

There was a guy. He was tall and quite handsome. And someone was next to him. It was a lady. Her height was around his neck and she had a motherly vibe around her. They were gathering around me with a wide and bright smile on their faces. The tall guy carried me and I reached out. Noticing that my hand was so small and tiny, I assumed that I was a baby. I reached out and he grabbed my hand. He placed his palm over mine and noticing the size difference, I knew that I was still a baby.

Just then, the guy started to say something but all I heard were fuzzy words that I could not make up. I was confused and desperate to try to hear what he was saying. The lady too came along and stood beside him and stared down at me. He then mouthed a few words that I could at least make up, "Shinhae" and "Haeyeon". Out of the blue, a white and bright light came out of nowhere and the image started to slowly fade away. Then I heard a loud and piercing sound that you would hear when there is no signal and all you can see is just black and white images like glitches.

I covered my ears thinking that it would help to block out the loud sound however, the sound only got louder and more piercing when I covered it and when I got back to reality.

<<End of Memory>>

When I got back to reality, I found myself coiling up into a ball on the sofa and someone wrapping their arms around me. When I got back my conscious, I found Jungkook wrapping his arms around me and looking at me with concern in his eyes. He then said, "Haeyeon...are you okay??"

He took my hands that were covering my ears and held onto them, tightly. I looked at Jungkook in the eyes with tears welling up in them and said, "I think I saw my parents. No I mean I remember them. "

As soon as I completed my sentence, a tear rolled down my face and Jungkook let go of one of my hand and wiped the tear away.
He held onto my cheeks and said, "That's good. Do you remember how they look like?"
I rubbed my head, trying to recall their faces but their faces just seemed to be fading away slowly.

I slowly looked up and stared at Jungkook as the image fades away and said,"I remembered them for a moment and now...I just can't remember their faces." I let go of Jungkook's hands and covered my face and said, "What's wrong with me? Why can't I remember my biological parents' faces? Why must I get into an accident and forget everything?! I even for got what's most important to me."

I stood up and walked out of the room towards the toilet. I washed my face through and through to try and freshen up myself. However, the more I try to freshen myself up, more tears came out. Just then, it hit me again. The horrific sound came back. It was loud and deafening. Instinctively, I crouched down on the toilet floor, covering my ears and closed my eyes. Slowly as the sound faded away, I could briefly hear someone weeping softly. My vision started to project images that were being pieced together one by one when I do something similar to the past. Like a projection, I could see what was happening.

<<Memory>>

Smoke was produced everywhere around me. I stopped at a broken mirror and found myself bleeding profusely. But I didn't stop at the mirror to clean up my wound but I was trying to find something. I tried to open a door with my tiny hands and found that it was a overturned car. Just as I was trying to open the door, I saw two people lying in the car lying motionless. I tried to crawl into the car through the broken glass window and ended up hurting myself while crawling in. The people lying motionless in the car were...my parents?? I started to cry. I looked at them. Pieces of broken glass were stuck in their skin and the deflated airbag laid across their bodies. Blood flowed out of their head, hands and there was no sign of life in them. All I did was cry. I did not care about my wounds or the pain that was piercing through every single nerve cell in my body to my brain to tell me to cover up my wound or at least wash it.

As I was crying, a slight movement from my father's hand caught my attention. I stopped crying and look at him. He opened his eyes slowly and reached out his hand to reach mine. He placed something on my hand and whispered softly, "Take care of this. It is the one and only thing that I can give you." After saying that, he let out a weak smile and his eyelids started to become heavy and they were then closed in a few moments. His body slumped on one side and he then laid motionless again.

"NO!! DON'T LEAVE ME! I'M STILL YOUNG! APPA!! EOMMA!! KAJIMAH!!!"

I cried out loud and stared down at my hands fully covered in blood because of what my father gave me. I looked at it closely and found that it was the locket that I had with me 24/7.

Out of nowhere, everything started to glitch again. The sizzling sound came back and the images started to fade away. What I was concern most is that can I remember my parents' faces again?? Or will I forget their faces like what happened previously?

<<End of Memory>>

To be continued...