Chapter 10: Ali Finds a Job

I have been working on a new fan fiction called The Golden Alchemist (An FMA Fanfic) and it would mean a lot if you checked it out. Anyway, sorry I haven't been updating very often. Hope you like this chapter! Don't forget to leave comments on the story if you have any opinions or if I had made a spelling mistake or anything.
Disclaimer: I do not own Soul Eater or any of its characters. I only own Alison and Cecilia.
{•}{•}{•}{•}[•][•][•][•][•]{•}{•}{•}{•}

Ali's P.O.V.
After Stein's class Maka, Soul, Cecilia and I went to look at the job board. There were probably over 50 flyers on there. "Are there usually this many?" Cecilia asks. Maka is too caught up in looking for the right job so Soul answers, "No, there's usually a lot less. Ever since the other day, there's been a lot of jobs on the board." Cecilia nods, understanding. I look at all of them on the board as I hear someone approaching us. I turn and see Kid, Liz, and Patti looking at the board also.

Cecilia smiles at Kid and they start talking. I walk over to Liz, "Have we met before? You know, before this morning?" She shakes her head, "Don't think so." I shrug. She could've just reminded me of someone.

Liz's P.O.V.
"They're not normal Kid!" I say to Kid as soon as Stein leaves the class. "Who aren't?" he looks at me. "That Alison and Cecilia," I answer. He glances at me, "Are you insulting my cousin?" I forgot that they were cousins... "No, but still. There's something about them. Just keep an eye out okay?" He nods and Patti looks at me confused, "They seem normal to me." I look at her, "Everyone seems normal to you." She shrugs and starts to color on a piece of paper.

After class Kid wanted us to look at all of the jobs. So we did. And guess who we ran into? Alison and Cecilia. Alison walks over to me and asks, "Have we met before? You know, before this morning?" I shake my head, "Don't think so." She shrugs and walks back to the job board. She looks familiar but I honestly don't think I've met her before. I look over to Kid to see if he found a job yet but he's talking to Cecilia. I guess I'll just find a job then.

Ali's P.O.V.
I continue to look at all of the jobs and one catches my eye. Witches appearing around many towns. The last witch to be seen is Medusa. I take the paper off and put it into Cecilia's face, interrupting their conversation. Oh well... "This sound okay to you?" I ask. "To fight witches? I don't think we're ready for fighting witches. Not yet at least," Cecilia says. "Aw come on!" I whine, "Please!" Cecilia growls at me.

"Fine then, you find a job," I point to the board. She sighs and apologizes to Kid for me interrupting them. "I still don't think we're ready to fight them," Cecilia says. "It's just investigating. I thought that you were going to say that, so I didn't get a fighting one. And if you want, we can go ask Lord Death tomorrow so we can get some rest and pack. That is, if he says yes. That sound okay to you?" I say.

"Wow, you actually thought it through," she says half teasingly. "Of course I did," I cross my arms. "Is it a deal then?" She nods and I give her a huge smile. "Let's go to the apartment then," Cecilia looks over to Maka and Soul. "We're going to head back. Are you guys coming?" Maka nods and walks over to us with Soul following. "I guess we'll see you later," Cecilia smiles apologetically at Kid. "Okay bye." he sounded hurt. Whoops. I start to walk out and Cecilia follows.

We walk to the stairs and I look at the flyer again. Maka and Soul catch up to us and Maka and Cecilia start talking about the jobs. I read over it again but I felt someone looking over my shoulder. I look up and see Soul reading it. "Investigating?" he asks. "Yeah. People say they have seen Medusa around, and I want to see if it's true," I shrug.

"What are you going to do if she's there?" he asks. "Watch her. See what she's doing," I answer. I see Maka and Cecilia walking down the stairs so I start to follow. "This doesn't have anything to do with your family at all then?" Soul asks. "What's with all these questions?" I avoid his question. The truth is that I want to see if Medusa is trying to control people again. No one deserves to be 'helped' by a witch. I should know.

"Just curious," he answers. I don't answer his question. I take the necklace out if my pocket and examine it. It looks exactly the same, but in perfect condition. "Why did you rip that off the other day? You told me there wasn't a reason but you were lying. What happened? " Soul asks.

"Seriously, what's with all the questions," I raise an eyebrow. He just shrugs so I answer, "It had to do with something that happened a long time ago." I flip the necklace in my hands and open the locket. On one side was a picture of my mom and the other side my dad. I sigh and put it back in my pocket.

Why does everyone I know somehow gets hurt or hates me? They might not right away, but they always do... "You okay?" Soul snaps me out of my thoughts. "Huh? Oh yeah. I'm fine," I answer.

We arrive at the apartments and say bye to Soul and Maka. I walk in and say, "Well, I'm tired, so I'm going to sleep. Night." Cecilia says, "Okay, I guess I will too. Night." I walk into my room and lay on my comfortable bed. For a while I just stare at the ceiling. Then I fall asleep.