33

Tyler ran.

He ran far, far away.

He ran until his lungs burned and his legs ached and then he ran some more.

He suddenly found himself in the middle of the forest. The spot him and Josh had been nearly a week earlier. He gritted his teeth at the memory. He didn't know how he was supposed to feel. He heard thunder crack above him but he didn't move.

He stared up at the gloomy, grey sky. He thought the universe was just as sad as he was. He found comfort in the ominous storm cloud that floated above him.

Tyler thought back to when him and Josh were laying here. He was so angry at Josh. He could just... scream. And he did.

Tyler inhaled deeply and let it all out. He simply screamed. He didn't curse, he didn't call out for anyone to come find him. He didn't want anybody to find him. He wanted to stay here, alone, forever.

"I'm just not the type of person that someone falls in love with and stays in love with."

"You are to me."

Tyler screamed some more. It made him feel better. It helped him forget. He screamed until his throat felt raw and his voice gave out.

You are to me

You are to me

You are to me

Tyler felt like he was going crazy. He felt abandoned. He felt scared. He felt lost. He felt sad. He felt... Hopeless. Miserably and utterly hopeless.

The rain started. It came down in drops at first. Then sheets. Then it came down so hard Tyler could barely see in front of him. He didn't care. He screamed again, despite how much his throat hurt and how much his voice protested.

"I've been thinking too much, Josh. Help me."

But where was Josh now? Where was he when Tyler needed him most? Where was Dallon? Brendon? Jon?

Oh, right. He pushed them all away. Everything reminded him too much of Josh. He hated the feeling he got when he was reminded of Josh. The way his heart broke over and over again. The way he felt like someone had punched him in the gut. That's all Josh was now. A memory that if it was brought up, it felt like a punch. A stab, even.

Tyler missed Josh with every fiber in him.

"I've been thinking too much," Tyler sang softly, his voice drowned out by the rain. He hadn't told Josh, but those were words from a song he had written on his own.

"Help me... Help me. HELP ME!" Tyler screamed again. He screamed at the sky above him and collapsed to the ground in a ball. He curled up and hugged himself. Tyler cried and cried until he was sure there was nothing left in him.

He must've been there for hours. It started to get dark. The rain had stopped but Tyler didn't care. He didn't move. He didn't want to. He couldn't bring himself to.

But then he remembered that he'd be forced to look up at the stars, like he'd done with Josh. There goes that stab in the gut again. He quickly got up and ran. He ran out of the trees, desperately wanting to leave and never come back. Josh ruined everything he loved.

Now, he hated purple. He hated the trees. He hated the stars. He hated ice cream. He hated brown eyes. He hated tattoos. He hated snapbacks. He hated nicknames. He hated Disney movies. And he hated the stupid app that started it all.

Tyler pulled his phone out of his pocket and saw he had tons of Snapchats. From Dallon, Brendon, Jon, and the dreaded name, of course. Why not? Why couldn't Josh just leave him alone? That would be too easy, wouldn't it?

Tyler sighed and opened up the now hated app.