london ; part 2

(WORDS IN BOLD AND ITALICS ARE TEXT MESSAGES !! also sorry for not updating in so long and turning this apparent oneshot into a few parts :-(( )

+++

I picked my luggage up and slammed it into my bed loudly on purpose. I opened my closet and pulled out all my clothes by the hangers and threw them onto my bed too, angrily. Slamming the closet door shut, I pulled the shirts out of the hangers roughly. After a while, I was tired of using all my energy to vent my anger, and sat down on the bed in frustration.

Then, came a soft knock on my closed bedroom door. I got up and walked over to open it, revealing little Auggie in his pajamas as he hugged his teddy bear tightly, obviously ready for bed. "Yes, Augs?" I smiled at him and hugged him tightly.

As we pulled away, he said softly, "Riley, are you okay? I was about to sleep when I heard lots of slamming and wanted to come up to check on you."

"Oh, no, Auggie! I didn't mean to wake you up. I'm so so sorry. You can go back to sleep now," I said while ruffling his messy brown hair.

"You're my sister, and your troubles are mine. C'mon Riles, you can tell me anything," Auggie walked over to my bed and sat down, then patted for me to sit beside him.

I closed my door lightly and walked over to sit down before carrying him up and sitting him on my lap. "Today... Farkle told me he liked me. As in, more than a friend..."

Auggie remained silent for a moment, before saying, "Woah. Didn't you say a while back that you had feelings for him too?"

"Exactly! I did, but I didn't know if it was real. But after what he said to me, I'm certain I do," I replied.

"Then get together with him! Imagine that, Farkle becoming my brother. Wow."

"The thing is, we're moving... and we wouldn't even get to see each other anymore, let alone get together as a couple. That was why I was so annoyed just now," I rested my chin on Auggie's shoulder and sighed.

"Well, how did you respond when he confessed?" Auggie asked.

I chuckled, "I ran away. Dumb, wasn't I? Another reason why I'm so angry. At myself. I can't believe I just left the guy I like there like that, and ran back home."

Auggie widened his eyes and exclaimed, "Go get him back, dude! You're mad for turning Farkle away! Imagine his feelings, Riles!"

"I know, I know! But I'm too afraid to see him again. Im afraid of breaking down in front of him because of how I need to leave him though I want to be with him. That's why I was so frustrated just now. At Mum, for being so good at her work that she had to be appointed head of the London office," I paused to let out a soft laugh. "Somehow, at Dad. For agreeing with it. At Farkle, for only telling me about this now. But mostly, at myself. For being so stubborn, foolish, a-"

"Riley... you are neither of those things! In fact, you're the greatest and best big sister I could ever have!"

"I know, and I'm just putting the blame on everyone though they did nothing but do what's best for me, for you."

"It'll all work out, sis. But for now, please please please go tell Farkle about your feelings!" He got off my lap and picked up his teddy bear from my bed. "I love you, big sis. You can tell me anything, okay? Goodnight!"

He tip-toed to kiss me on my cheek and I hugged him, smiling delightfully, glad to know my brother was such a sensible sibling.

"Thanks, Auggie. You're the best lil bro I could ever have," I whispered into his ear and pulled away from him.

He grinned before the running back out of my room.

I sighed and walked over to my desk to pick up my phone.

hey, farks :-) could we meet
tomorrow? at our usual place?

I tapped my foot anxiously as I waited for a reply.

of course.