A window ; riarkle

I peeked through the window and looked into his class. Why did we have to separate? Stupid me for taking subjects he didn't...

He was sitting right at the back of the class, by the window — meaning I was so near to him that if he'd just turn his head he'd see me.

You see, given our history of us becoming friends after being seat partners for so long, then him confessing that he liked me and me staying nonchalant just because I didn't think I was ready for anything to happen yet, and how we totally stopped communicating both online and offline because of how things turned out, what with us going to different classes... I didn't really want him seeing me there, pathetically looking at him through a window while his class was going on and my teacher probably already walking to my own class- which was, by the way, pretty far from where I was right now- anytime soon.

Just then, I felt my phone vibrate. I looked at the screen and found that a new message had come in. In fact, it was the first time in months I'd seen a text from him on my phone.

farkle: shouldn't you be getting to your class by now?

Shit. I kept my phone and quickly walked away from where I'd been standing the past 10 minutes. Hearing a faint "I fell in love with the girl who should stay by the window!" being shouted out, I decided to ignore it and started running faster, away from there. I ran all the way to my own classroom, where I got in just in time to greet the teacher along with the rest of the class.

Somehow, I knew that he was running along behind me but also, I knew I shouldn't get involved again, thus why I ran.

When I finally got to my seat, I sat down and heaved a sigh of relief and muttered a 'Thank God' to Maya, who sat right beside me. Lucas and Zay sat in front of us, and as the class was buzzing with chatter and laughter and the teacher was preoccupied with some other stuff, the two boys turned around to talk to us.

"So Riles, where you been?" Lucas asked.

"Um. I went to the toilet," I replied softly, trying not to give myself away.

"Oh, really now?" Zay smirked.

"Duh, where else would I have been?" I said as I saw a few new messages come in on my phone screen. Unlocking my iPhone, I started reading them.

farkle: hey, why'd you leave :(

farkle: what are those two boys doing talking to you huh >:(

farkle: dude it's so hard to stop looking at you???!

farkle: shit my teacher's gonna think I'm shitting rn since you made me run all the way here...

I snorted at his last message. These few months have been so confusing for me. It was like he still liked me like I liked him, but he wasn't doing anything anymore which makes it seem like he's given me up because he assumed I didn't have any feelings for him?

I shook my head in an attempt to shake those thoughts off. I'm better off living my simple uncomplicated life.

farkle: are u tryna ignore me????? Hellooooo

I turned my head around and saw him smiling at me even through the window and my heart melted. What have I done to deserve someone like Farkle talking to me this way? Ughhhhh.

Just looking at how cute he looked made me smile shyly back at him, causing him to laugh at me. I turned my head back around.

How I wish none of those stuff had happened and that we were still friends, if we couldn't be lovers...

++++++++++

to be very honest this was something i wrote out of my own experience/life + a dream i had yesterday lol!!! and i know it kinda sucks and idk if y'all get it without much context buttttt still hope you like this cute riarkle/farkle fluff ✨✨✨✨