Chapter 9

Hey everybody! Sorry I haven't updated in a while, I've been really busy between school, work and my horses. but I thank you guys for sticking with me, and being so supportive! You all are amazing! So here's Chapter 9, starting in season two of the tv series.

***********************************************************************************************************************

They arrived a the Earth Kingdom base within a few days and were welcomed by General Fong.

"Welcome, Avatar Aang! I am General Fong. And welcome to all of you, great heros! Appa, Momo, brave Sokka, mighty Katara. And who's this?" he asked looking at Miko. 

"She's a new part of the gang." said Katara.

"My name's Miko." Miko said to him. 

"I'm sorry, I meant no disrespect, I wasn't informed of an additional person. It was my fault entirely." he said bowing to the group. The all went inside the base. 

"Avatar Aang, we were all amazed at the stories of how you single-handedly wiped out an entire Fire Navy fleet at the North Pole." General Fong said, stroking his beard. "I can't imagine what it feels like to wield such devastating power. It's an awesome responsibility."

"I try not to think about it too much." Aang answered back humbly.

"Avatar...you're ready to face the Fire Lord now."

"What?! No I'm not!" Aang yelled, alarmed.

"Aang still needs to master all four elements." Katatra said.

"Why? With the kind of power he possesses—power enough to destroy hundreds of battleships in a matter of minutes—he could defeat the Fire Lord now!"

"But, sir, the thing is that Aan can only do those things when he's in the Avatar state." said Sokka.

"See, it's this special state where-" Started Aang.

"I'm well aware. Your eyes and tattoos glow and you're able to summon unbelievable power. Without you we'd be slaughtered before we even reach their shores. But with you leading the way as the ultimate weapon, we could cut a swath right through to the heart of the Fire Nation." General Fong said.

"Right... but I'm don't know how to get in or out of the Avatar state, much less what to do once I'm there."

"So it's decided then. I'll help you figure out how to get into the Avatar state, and then you'll face your destiny."

"No, nothing's decided. We already have a plan. Aang's pursuing his destiny his way."

"Well, while you take your time learning the elements, the war goes on. May I show you something?" They followed him.

"That's the infirmary, and those soldiers are the lucky ones." Miko looked around at all of the wounded soldiers, memories, painful ones, came flooding back. "They came back. Every day the Fire Nation takes lives. People are dying, Aang! You could end it, now! Think about it." That was the end of the conversation, for now. The group went up to their room.

"I told the general I'd help him... by going into the Avatar state." -Aang

"Aang, no. This is not the right way." -Katara

"Why not? Remember when he took out the Fire Navy? He was incredible. " -Sokka

"There's a right way to do this. Practice, study, and discipline. " -Katara

"Or just glow it up and stop that Fire Lord." -Sokka

"If you two meatheads want to throw away everything we've worked for, fine. Go ahead and glow it up!" -Katara