Chapter 7

Miko and Zuko sat in his cabin. Zuko sat grumpily on his bed. Iroh peaked his head aound he door.

"For the last time, I'm not playing sumki horn." Zuko said to Uncle. Miko stifled a giggle.

"No, it's about our plans. There's a bit of a problem." Iroh said. Zhao came into the room from behind Iroh.

"I'm taking your crew." He said, smirking.

"What!?"

"I've recruited them for a little expedition to the North Pole."

"Uncle, is that true?"

"I'm afraid so. He's taking everyone. Even the cook!" he said woefully.

"Sorry you won't be able to watch me capture the Avatar. But I can't have you getting in my way again." Zuko charged at Zhao, but Miko caught him before he could tackle him. Zhao turned and looked at Zuko's broad swords that were displayed on the wall. He picked one up, the anger quite clear on his face. The expression on Zuko's face was a little harder to understand. "I didn't know you were skilled with broad swords, Prince Zuko."

"I'm not. They're antiques. Just decorative."

"Have you heard of the Blue Spirit, General Iroh?"

"Just rumors. I don't think he is real." Iroh answered.

"He's real alright. He's a criminal, an enemy of the Fire Nation. But I have a feeling that justice will catch up with him soon. General Iroh, the offer to join my missions still stands if you change your mind." He turned and left.

***********

Zuko sat in his room sulking, as Miko came into his room, holding a platter of food. He looked up at her.

"I thought the cook left." Anger ebbed in his voice.

"He did." She said looking down at the food. "I made this. I don't know if you'll like it but Uncle thought it was pretty good." She set it down on the table next to his bed. Iroh came to the cabin door.

"It is very good, Prince Zuko. You should try it. Also, the crew wanted me to wish you safe travels."

"Good riddance to those traitors."

"It's a lovely night for a walk. Why don't you join me? It would clear your head. Or, just stay in your room and sit in the dark. Whatever makes you happy. Miko, would you like to come?" She looked at Zuko, who just stared at the floor, the back to Iroh.

"Sure." Iroh turned and walked away. She looked back to Zuko as soon as Iroh was out of ear shot. "I can see you want to be alone for awhile. If you need me, just come find me. I love you." She turned and followed Iroh out the door and off the ship.

**********

"Aren't the trees beautiful this time of year, Miko?'

"Beautiful." Miko said distracted.

"Miko, don't take it personally. You know Zuko better than most, you know how he gets."

"Yeah, that I do." suddenly, an explosion happened behind them, sending a huge fireball into the sky, rocking the ground. They both turned.

"Zuko!" Iroh yelled. they both ran back to the dock. Burning debris was falling all around. The ship, or what was left of it, was nothing but a massive fireball. "Zuko....."

**********

"I'm devastated to hear about Prince Zuko." Zhao looked from Iroh up to Miko. "Just devastated." There was no sympathy in his voice, just mocking. Miko shot him a look full of venom. He looked back to Iroh.