October 3, 1943

October 3rd, 1943

Dear Bea,

I don't know when I'll be able to send this out, but I'm hoping to get this letter finished to get it in the bag tonight so it can go out first thing in the morning. It sounds like we're going to be moving out again, this time maybe to where some of the fighting is. Somewhere in Italy, I hear. Not that that's much to go on since there's fighting all over Italy right now. So it may be a while if I can't manage it. So it's going to be a short letter, I'm afraid. I know it's probably pointless to say not to worry about me, but I don't want you to worry too much. I promise I won't do anything too stupid. But maybe a little brave. You know I can't just sit back and let others fight for me, after all. But I think you know that, already.

I have heard of Captain America. He's made it over here too, or at least, news about him has. I've seen a couple guys with comics about him. One even let me take a quick look. I hope you and Jack can manage to send me one. Maybe for Christmas. They really are quite ridiculous, but boy are they funny to read. Just like your story. It did make me laugh to hear about it. You don't have a crush on this guy, do you Bea? I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. Though I have to admit, I wish you had been able to get a picture with him. I could've bragged about that here, you know! And I could've settled it for you and Agnes if he looked like Steve or not. There's even a rumor he's going to be making a trip over here to visit the troops. So perhaps I will get to see him.

I did get a letter from Steve, though. But like yours it didn't say much at all. But you're right, Bea. There's something going on with him and despite it all, he doesn't sound all that happy about what he's finally managed to get involved with. I really wish I had something more to tell you.

And you're right. It is a good reason to come home. You tell Gordy I'll be coming back to have a chat with him about whether or not he treated my little sister right. In the meantime, let Jack know he needs to do better until I get home. Think you can do that?

I love you too, Bumblebee. Give Mom another kiss for me. And a hug too! And tell Jack not to try too hard to be the serious big brother. I did ask him to help keep all your spirits up, after all. It's Danny's job to be the serious one in the family!

Well, that's my cue. Last call for mail. Keep the letters coming, Bea. They really do cheer me up more than I can say.

Love,

Bucky

A/N: Thanks for reading!

Don't forget to Vote and Comment!