Chapter 10 - Darkness

I woke up screaming and falling. Falling to... Nothing. All around me there was just a never ending darkness. And a rope, which was hanging from... Well, I had no idea. I grabbed it and tried to stop me from falling. When I managed to do it I tried to find a way to make my stay still and I could do it, even if it didn't look like it would last long. I put my blue hair out of my face and tried to catch my breath.

Suddenly, I remembered everything. The twelve guys trying to get me to 'have fun', the seven bodies on seven of them on the floor, thanks to the fighting classes Erza gave me - that I had hoped not need to use -, and the fear, all the fear I felt, not only when I first saw them, but the fear that was always there, until I fell off that cliff. But it's weird... I feel like as if I've never fell. Like I've been here for a long time and I feel no pain that tells me otherwise. I'm just here, hanging on this rope.

Looking around again, there is nothing. It looks like I'm just in a room at night and the lights are all off, except that this one looks way bigger. I take a deep breath and with the temporary boost of courage, I look down. Somehow, it looks even darker down there and I'm sure I don't wanna go there. I don't wanna fall.

"Oh... What has Juvia gotten herself into..." My voice was just above a whisper.

Some tears rolled down my cheeks. I was scared, no, terrified. I wish Gray-sama was here... At least he could make me feel better. He always does... But then again, being with the one you love always makes you feel better, right? Even if it's true that I can't get any worse than this.

"Hey! Anyone! Help!" I tried to scream but to no avail. My voice just didn't seem to reach anywhere. It's like I was only screaming to myself. Like before, it was just a little above a whisper. Then, I heard voices.

"Juvia! Oh Juvia! I'm so sorry! I should've been with you! I'm such a jerk!"

I recognized Lyon's voice, even if it sounded like an echo to me and suddenly another rope appeared in this darkness. But... This one was much shorter... I looked up to see that in this rope was Lyon stretching his arm to me. I tried to reach his hand but he was way too high for me to reach it... I tried to climb up but I couldn't. It felt like if I did something like that, the rope would simply rip apart and fall, pulling me with it. I watched as the rope where Lyon was disappeared. I was alone again. I sighed.

I was out of options. I can't do anything in this 'place'. My hands suddenly started to slip from the rope and I fell a little more before grabbing onto the rope one more time. Looking down, my rope was long. But I could see the end, right when the darker darkness started. Fear overwhelmed me again as I closed my eyes and tried to think of what to do. I couldn't. It was just... Horrible... I was stuck here. Maybe forever, and I had no idea why.
I heard someone cry. Familiar cries and I tried to look up, wanting to see someone again, like Lyon.

Three ropes. I knew right away who they were but... Their ropes where still too high for me to reach them so I stood still. My friends appeared. They were all crying and my first thought was to go and comfort them... But I couldn't move... So I just watched, not able to do anything. That single thought hurt me... Their voices were like an echo too...

"Juvia... P-please... Wake up... Who will help me to keep my calm when Natsu bothers me if it isn't you? Who will end up with all my vanilla cupcakes if it isn't you? We need you... So... S-So... " I heard Lucy talking first. Am I asleep? No... She wouldn't be crying, asking me to wake up. That's when realization hit me.