Chapter 6 - Closer

I had two options. Leave her forever or take a risk. Maybe I'm being selfish. But I'll take that risk. Wait... but... She was almost hit by a bus not ten seconds ago... But I wanna be with her... But what if she gets seriously hurt? Maybe I can ask Natsu or Lucy... But, she can't leave me... She can't...

"Gray-sama..." she was holding back her tears. Damn it. How painful can it be to see someone cry? "Juvia's so sorry! You don't have to tell her anything, she's okay with that as long as she can keep being your friend!" Wow. After all that's happened, how could she still blame herself? I hugged her tighter and shook my head slowly.

"I'll tell you. I trust you. You have the right to know that..." she pulled back.

"Really?" her eyes lit with a sparkle of joy. That sparkle that made my day... That sparkle that I didn't want to lose. I nodded.

"Juvia's an idiot... She should just go home..." my faint smile disappeared as if she had said something horrible.

"ARE YOU CRAZY? You were almost hit by a bus! There's no way I'll let you stay home alone! You stay with me for tonight. Lucy is here too, you'll be fine" I stood up pulling her with me.

"B-But, Gray-sam-"

"Juvia, no 'buts'." she didn't said anything more but she didn't try to pull back either.

You can't judge me! She almost died for God's sake! And I'm afraid I haven't gotten rid of that 'curse' yet. But... Everything was fine before. What the hell is wrong with me and this world?

I knocked on the door. I had a key, but I thought that it would be better to check if Natsu and Lucy are both decent. Natsu opened the door.

"Ice Princess!...What's wrong?" the fact that we'd been crying was more obvious than I thought. I looked at her as if asking if I could tell him. She nodded.

"Juvia was almost hit by a bus so-"

"SHE WHAT??" Lucy ran to the door. She was wearing a shirt of Natsu's. When she saw Juvia she pulled her inside and hugged her. "DON'T YOU GUYS DARE LET HER GO HOME! SHE STAYS HERE!" see? Lucy sees my point. I entered too and closed the door behind me. Looking at Natsu, he was staring at me as if trying to understand something.

"What?" he shook his head.

"It's about time you forgot that stupid past, huh?" he smiled. I thought for a little, I guess he's right. I looked at Juvia who was trapped in Lucy's arms. Lucy kept asking her questions while me and Natsu just sat there watching the scene. Of course I was still worried about Juvia but... It was a pretty cute scene.

"Don't just sit there! Do something! Gray get Juvia a shirt, she won't be sleeping in this sweater!" Lucy looked like she was in her own house.

"Eh?"

"You heard me! Go!" I didn't even questioned her. I stood up and went to my room, grabbed the first - clean - shirt I found and came back to the living room handing it to Juvia. I told her she could change in my room and leave her sweater there, since that's where she would sleep. She simply nodded and did as I told her.

When my eyes stopped following Juvia while she opened the door to my bedroom, Natsu was whispering something to Lucy while she sent me a weird look with a smirk. This can't be good. They just looked at each other for a moment as if nothing happened, kissed and sat on the couch. They looked happy, but it was still the same, Lucy would hit him anytime he did something wrong.

"Oh! By the way, Lyon said he was coming to visit us tomorrow." It took a while before Natsu's sentence finally hit me.

...