♥Chapter Twenty ~ Locked Doors♥

Adam

After being unconscious for a few hours, I finally awake. When I look over at Lauren, I'm surprised to see that she's in her underwear and bra, lying on her side. Her hair covers her face. I notice that I'm only in my underwear as well.

"Lauren, wake up," I reach over and shake her. She squirms a little before waking up, but she does. She isn't aware that she's in her underwear until she wipes her eyes and lets her mind adjust. She looks at me and jumps when she sees me.

She looks at herself and back at me, just noticing that we are both close to naked.

"Oh my God," she cries. I can hear her voice shaking. "What happened?"

Quickly, she takes the blanket and covers her body with it so that she isn't revealing anything.

"I don't know, Lauren," I admit. All I can remember is us being blindfolded and thrown onto the bed, if anything else happened, I don't remember it. But I seriously doubt that anything happened since we were both unconscious, but I honestly can't say that for Lauren.

"Did they...touch you?" I ask, although I really don't want to know the answer.

"No, I don't think so. I seriously doubt it, this was all a prank," she covers herself with her blanket and heads to her dresser to find clothes. She searches but can't seem to find any whatsoever.

"They took all of my clothes! Are you kidding me?" She slams her drawers in frustration. She comes back over to the bed and lays down, placing her hands over her face, the covers wrapped around her like a sleeping bag. I can hear her start to sob and then I feel a pinch of guilt. I feel like this all happened because of me, and now, we don't even know if they touched her or not. If they did, I really don't know what I'd do considering that I'm already irritated and beyond pissed as hell.

"I'm sorry," I say without looking at her.

"What?"

I exhale. "I'm sorry for this happening to you. I never thought they were going to go this far as to do something like this. They involved you just for being with me and I really just made everything worse."

"Adam, don't say that. My sister was involved in this too, so the reason this happened to me is because of her as well. Don't blame anything on yourself. I know this was just a prank to make it seem like we did something," she says while getting up and sitting beside me. I can feel the warmth of her body on the side of me.

"But if it weren't for them, your sister probably wouldn't have come up with the idea."

"Look at me, Adam."

I don't hesitate. I look over at her and she's looking straight into my eyes.

"You didn't do anything wrong," she reaches over and grabs my hand. I know I tense up considering that we're both in our underwear and given the situation, I can't really concentrate on one thing. "If we are going to be here for each other, you can't keep blaming yourself for everything that happens. I need you, Adam."

Before I know it, her lips are on mine. I close my eyes and let her kiss me some more. I try not to let the kiss deepen as much, especially with her being practically nude under her blanket.

"Lauren," I whisper against her lips.

"Hm?"

"You might not want to keep doing that. I know what's under that blanket," I warn. And although I don't want her to stop, she does and laughs as she lies her head on my shoulder. I remember Lauren telling Hannah to call that number at 8:15, right now, it's only 7:30. We have a little while before anything happens.