♥Chapter Twenty-Four ~ Get Out♥

Adam

As soon as I walk into the house, my mother and father are sitting at the table, looking at some papers which I assume are bills.

"Hey, guys," I say, walking into the dining room.

"Hey, Adam," my father says before my mother does. "Have fun?"

"Yeah." 

"Not too much fun, right?"

"Oh, my God," I let out an irritated grunt. I just knew he was going to say it. Ever since I told him about Lauren, he's been trying to give me talks like I'm rushing to do something with her.

"Alright alright alright," my dad says, practically laughing. "I'm just saying."

I look around just trying to see if anyone else is here. I'm pretty sure Nick and John probably fled since they figured I'd be coming home today and thought I'd tell on them. As for Joel, he probably tagged along.

"Where's Nick and John?" My father glances at me and then looks back to the papers again.

"They are at a friend's house, but Joel is upstairs lying down," my mother finally looks at me. Both of them look so stressed, probably since they've been working extra hours to keep a roof over our heads. They are supporting, but I'm pretty sure that if they were here more often, a lot of the things going on wouldn't be happening. I turn around and head up the stairs into the dark hallway.

I open the door and look in the room where Joel is lying down. He looks at me as soon as I open the door.

"Hey," I close the door behind me and sit on the computer chair in the back of the room. He doesn't get up, instead, he shifts a little so that he can look at me.

"Hey."

I know this is going to be awkward since the last time he saw me, I was in my underwear unconscious.

"I saw the camera you set up in the room, or at least I think it was you who set it up."

"Yeah, it was me," he says, sitting up from the bed and swinging his legs over to the side. "I knew you'd find it because apparently everyone else was too busy doing what they were doing to notice. I put that camera in there a few minutes before everything happened. I put it there to show you guys that nothing happened to Lauren and that I had nothing to do with it. I locked the door so no one would get in there and try to take advantage of your girlfriend. I found the key on the floor when they took the clothes.

"There were drunk people all over that party. At least two of the Filthy Five, I think it was Eric and someone else who tried to get in there knowing Lauren was unconscious. They were just drunk and if it wasn't for me looking the door, she might not would have been next to you when you woke up."

I almost forgot about the party they threw while we were passed out. I didn't think Joel actually cared that much about what happened to me, but he thought of us and did what he could to help.

"Thanks. You really had no idea what was going through my mind when I thought they did something to her. I was really gonna go insane, but you showed me that nothing happened and now I feel a little better."

"You don't have to thank me. I'm just doing what I can to help you both. I'm risking reputation and basically my life for you two to be happy. I owe you considering all of the horrible things I've done to you, and now that you're in a relationship and truly deserve the happiness it brings, I just want to help you in any way I can."

I have never heard him say anything so sincere. I never thought he'd care so much like he does, but apparently, he's tired of all the drama.

"I'm going to bed, I'm tired," he says, turning around on the bed and not saying another word.