♥Chapter Twenty-Nine ~ An Angel♥

One Month Later...

It's a little odd that the months seem to go by faster than they have before. It's probably because nothing bad has happened to Lauren and I since we were knocked out and thrown into a room. It's been pretty quiet lately. I haven't talked to Nick and John in awhile although we live in the same house. Lauren hasn't had any type of problems with Samantha. Her father actually came back home about two weeks ago, but he has a lot of meetings scheduled this month, so he's pretty busy now.

As for Joel, he's been pretty happy. It turns out that the girl he has a crush on isn't pregnant with his child. He's been excited about that. He has also been trying to keep me updated on everything he hears from Nick and John, but he says he hasn't heard anything. He thinks they aren't even trying to mess with me, but what bugs me is the fact that they know something is going to happen but aren't really talking about it. Joel still thinks that Samantha is up to something and I do too.

Now it's Sunday and I'm on my way to Lauren's house. I've visited her quite a few times in this past month, and she's progressing with her emotions, but slowly, they're starting to come back. She's been trying her hardest.

As soon as I walk to the gates of her house, they're already open, ready for my arrival. I walk through her circular driveway and up the steps. When I knock, a moment later, Lauren opens the door. She looks like she's been sleeping.

"Sorry, I was lying down," she says, turning around and heading toward the stairs. I close the door behind me, locking it as well. Lauren heads up the stairs and I follow her. As soon as I reach the top of the stairs, her bedroom door is open. Once I walk into her room, she has the lights off, but her room is illuminated with the lights of the city and a dim lamp on her nightstand. It's not too bright and not too dark, I can still see her. She's lying on the bed, the covers over her body.

"What's the matter?" I sit on the edge of her bed.

"Just thinking, you know, as usual," she says. I look at her and she lying on her side. "It's nothing bad. I'm lying down because I was a little tired."

"Well, at least it's nothing bad."

"How are you?" she inquires.

Tell her, now. The voice in my head rushes me. It has been two months since Lauren and I've been together and I have not yet been able to tell her how I really feel about her. It keeps me up at night sometimes when I hold back my feelings. I've been screaming at myself to tell her, I even told Joel that I've fallen for Lauren and he urged me to tell her. The only reason it's holding me back is the possibility that she may not feel the same way.

I sit there, knowing she's probably waiting for me to tell her something. 

"I'll be right back, going to the bathroom," she gets up and goes into her bathroom, switching on the light and closing the door behind her.

I stand up and run my hands through my hair, exhaling the frustration within my body for not telling her how I feel. I need to tell her how I feel. All of the cells in my body are screaming at me to tell her the truth, but the nerves kick in and take over. I stand by the glass wall of her room and watch all of the lights of the city turn different colors. It reminds me of the night of New Year's. All of the colors on that day, when I first fell in love with her.

I hear the toilet flush and the sound of a sink running. I have only a few seconds to make my decision. I watch the shadows dance beneath the door of the bathroom. My hands begin to shake once the light shuts off in the bathroom and the door opens. I have no idea why I'm so afraid all of a sudden. She stops in her tracks and looks at me, confused.