The Proposal

Warnings: mEGA FLUFFY FLUFF

Word Count: 615

Jared walked up to Evan who was sitting on the couch watching tv. "Hey Ev?" Evan paused his show and looked up "Yes?" Jared took in a sharp breath and looked up at him "I love you."

Evan smiled "I love you too." Jared shook his head "N-No, you don't get it." Evan cocked his eyebrow in confusion. "No I-I mean, I love you so much." Evan laughed lightly "I know. I love you so much too."

Jared sighed and held Evan's hands "Evan, what I'm saying is I love you more than anything." Jared got down on one knee, continuing to hold his hands, causing Evan's eyes to go wide with shock.

"J-Jaareeed?" Jared shook his head and smiled brightly "Evan Hansen," Evan blushed darkly "Y-Yes?" Jared squeezed his hands gently.

"Evan, you are my everything. My world. My soulmate. My other half. You've stolen my heart, and I am so happy you did. You are so beautiful and so perfect and so loving.

"You've made me the happiest I've ever been in my entire life. I never want to live in a world without you in my arms; for that would be a world I would not want to live in. You are so innocent and amazing.

"Your eyes are like beautiful blue waves of ocean. Your smile glows like the shining rays of the sun and could brighten any room you walk into. Your kiss is so soft and sweet; something I would love to get lost in. Everything about you is a pure masterpiece; so delicate and pure.

"All of you is utmost perfection, right down to your perfectly imperfect flaws. I love you more than any words can explain. So I'll just sing it for you."

Jared grabbed his ukulele and tuned it, strumming to find the right pitch. Jared started playing and singing.

"Wise men say only fools rush in
But I can't help falling in love with you

Shall I stay?
Would it be a sin

If I can't help falling in love with you?

Like a river flows surely to the sea

Darling so it goes
Some things are meant to be

Take my hand, take my whole life too

For I can't help falling in love with you

Like a river flows surely to the sea

Darling so it goes
Some things are meant to be

Take my hand, take my whole life too

For I can't help falling in love with you

For I can't help falling in love with you"

Jared strummed the last note and looked up at Evan with a smile. Evan was already in tears at this point. Evan couldn't muster out any words so he kept crying. Jared smiled and got down on one knee, holding Evan's hands again. "Evan Hansen, will you marry me?" Evan cried harder and tried to wipe his eyes, but the tears kept flowing. Evan nodded vigorously.

Jared smiled and slid the ring on his finger. Evan looked at it and smiled softly. "I-" Jared smiled more "You what?" Evan still couldn't muster out any words. "I- Happy." Jared laughed lightly, wiping his tears away with his thumbs, then kissed him softly.

"I-I love you. S-So much." Evan stuttered out when he pulled away. Jared pulled him into a hug "I love you so much too." Evan smiled "I didn't know you knew how to play the ukulele." Jared returned a smile "Mhm. I've played it since I was little. That and the piano."

Evan giggled "I love you.. Husband." Jared smiled brightly and blushed a bit "I love you too.. Husband."