Chapter One: Where To Go From Here

The young man stood in front of his mirror, he yawned and scratched his chest as he peered at his reflection. He ruffled his short brown hair and widened his blue eyes and opened his mouth to see if his teeth were white.
"Like diamonds."
He said as he grabbed his toothbrush and began brushing his teeth. As he was doing so he started thinking back to the incident a few weeks ago. He though about that odd woman, how black her hair was and how bright her eyes shined in the dimly lit room. How when she touched his chest it turned orange. He washed his mouth out and touched his chest and pursed his lips.
"Come on Jared. Stop thinking about it, I mean come on how am I even suppose to find the "others?"
Jared sighed as he left his bathroom and snatched a shirt up, smelled it and then shrugged and pulled it over his head and did the same with some cargo shorts. He sat down and grabbed his remote as he began flicking through the channels looking for something to watch when something caught his eye. He saw a Vulkerion, a usually nice race of elvish like people but you'd better not piss them off because they aren't small and fragile. Their more like the Incredible Hulk on steroids. The Vulkerion held up a pound of bacon and smiled large and wide as he spoke.
"It's a limited time offer on Earth! Come get it before we move out shop away, the best bacon in the universe guaranteed!"
The man bellowed and Jared sat up straight and stared wide eyed at the screen before whispering.
"I'm getting some of that bacon."
He then sprang up off the couch and sprinted to the door and stuffed his shoes on, without caring that he didn't have socks on and ran out of the house. After about two blocks of full on sprinting he slowed to a leisurely stroll as he thought. Who was that woman? Why was he chosen, it all just seemed odd to him. And frankly he didn't know what to think about it. And who are the others that he was suppose to find? And who are they protecting the universe from? He was deeply confused. Once he saw the shop he picked up the pace until eventually he was barreling down the sidewalk again. As he went to turn into the store he ran smack dab into someone who was also barreling down the sidewalk. They both fell on their asses and looked up at one another, once their eyes locked their chest glowed bright orange for Jared and red for the other man. They both pointed at one another and screamed out in unison.
"You to?!"
They both then nodded in unison, the man spoke.
"So some weird chick touched your chest to?"
"Yepe! Did she say anything to you?"
The man shook his head and replied, raising a brow at Jared.
"What did she say to you?"
"That I need to find the others and that we're all important and we're the universes last hope and junk."
"Others? That must mean there is at least one more person in this group."
The man put his hand to his chin as he thought. An angry customer walked over them and they laughed and got up and went into the store.
"How are we suppose to find the others?"
The man asked. Jared shrugged and grabbed two packs of bacon and some soda.
"By the way, what's your name?"
Jared asked as he held a hand out.
"Erick."
Erick took Jared's hand and shook, Jared replied.
"Jared, it's nice to meet someone in the same situation as me. This has been bothering me for the past few weeks."
"Same."
Erick sighed as they both went to the counter and bought their bacon and soda and walked out of the store. As Jared was drinking his soda Erick popped up and got in his face and Jared almost spit his drink out on the man.
"I think I know how to contact the others!"
Jared rose a brow as Erick grabbed him and began dragging him along. Eventually they went into a large corporate building, all Jared knew was every door they went into said "classified personal only" and this made Jared a little skeptical but he didn't argue as he followed Erick. Eventually Erick got to a room with the nameplate Wilkins on it and he walked in.
"Good. He isn't here right now, otherwise he might kick my ass."
"Who?"
"My dad."
Was all Erick said as he sat down at the desk and began typing away.
"So what's this big plan of yours?"
Jared as he walked around and looked over Erick's shoulder. Erick adjusted his glasses and pulled the microphone close and tapped on it. Jared looked and jumped as he pointed at the screen.
"Wait are you hacked into every TV on earth?!"
Erick grinned devilishly as he turned to his companion and nodded.
"Shall you speak or me?"
Jared took the mic and once Erick nodded he spoke.
"Uh...hi. My name is Jared Keyes and I'm speaking to all of you for one purpose. To save the universe, from what I don't really know yet but I do know that we are in danger and soon. If you've seen a woman with long black hair and tattoos covering her skin and she's touched you and like made your chest glow your part of the team that's gonna save the universe. And I'd like to see you a month from now at Richland's Space council room so we can discuss how exactly we're gonna help the uni-"
Jared stopped once he saw a large man burst into the room. He had short platinum blonde hair and sky blue eyes, he wore a finely pressed suit and damn did he look mad. He screamed out.
"Erick!!"
Jared chuckled and quickly spoke into the mic.
"Any who can't wait to see you there, and we'll know if it's really you because of the chest glowey thing so see ya."
With that Jared got off the mic.