0.4

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
—September 16th, 2017—

To any one else, Nolan and Lila seemed like best friends despite the fact that they only met a few days prior

To any one else, Nolan and Lila seemed like best friends despite the fact that they only met a few days prior. But to each other they seemed to become more fascinated with each other the more they got to know one another. But neither of them would ever admit that out loud.

"Lils how old even are you? You look like you're sixteen," Nolan said and Lila chuckled. Nolan looked over at her as he drove and couldn't help but smile at the sight of her.

"I'm eighteen. My birthday is August twenty-seventh. But I'm flattered Nolan," She said with a slight laugh in her voice.

The two talked for the rest of the ride to the restaurant. When they got there Travis, Sam , Taylor, Ivan, Travis Sanhiem, Claude and German were all there.

"Did you and Travis get into a fight?" Nolan asked Lila when he noticed her hesitating getting out of the car. Lila sighed and looked at him.

"Yeah, he was just being a jerk." She said and opened up the car door. She went over to stand by Ivan since he was the farthest from Travis. He was pretty upset with him as well. Sometimes Ivan thought he was more of a brother to Lila then Travis was.

Eventually every body showed up and they all went inside. Lila sat with Nolan and Ivan on either side of her with Taylor across from her. Ivan put his hand on the table and fiddled with his ring finger which was Lila, Travis, Wayne, Claude, Shayne and Ivan's little secret sign language for "Have you checked your blood sugar?"

Lila noticed the gesture and cursed under her breath. She had forgotten her kit at home. She rarely ever did that but she was in a rush today and seemed to forget it on the counter.

"Lils can I talk to you outside?" Travis said in Lila's ear. She kept her face straight as she moved her chair back to get up. She followed her brother outside. "I'm sorry."

"Travis you know I can't do anything about my disease. You know I hate it. You know I would do anything to not have it. You saying that I'd be more work for someone really hurt. It's almost like saying you wont find a girlfriend because you're always on the road." I said and he ran a hand through his hand. Nolan had wandered to try and find the bathroom and passed by the front windows where he heard Travis talking about Lila's disease. He stopped in his tracks. Lila had a disease? Why didn't she tell him?

Nolan was shocked as he stood there. "I'm sorry Lila. I was just scared that you're getting closer to Nolan. I don't want you to get hurt, and you need someone that has a lot of patience for you and can deal with your mood swings when your sugar is low. I don't think Nolan can handle that kind of pressure, Lila. So I'm sorry. I love you Lils," Travis said and Lila moved closer to her brother to hug him. Nolan froze. Of course he could handle Lila! If he could handle the pressure he was under right now he would certainly be able to handle her. The door opened and Lila and Travis came in. Lila froze when she saw Nolan standing there.