05

Laila
I hardly believe I'm getting married , it's shocking sometimes It scares me but mostly I'm glad I'm getting married to my one and only sugar pie ..
"Keh Laila " umma startled me, as she came in my room.
"What the hell is that? What's that u have on ?"umma said pointing at my body, I had a short gown on.
"Ohhh u are looking at me , see u , what do u even mean by the dressing"umma continued.
"Umma I wasn't going out , I will change when I take my bath, am sor...,"umma caught me off before I finished my explanation.
"Sanu hajiya Laila,I see you're all grown ehn?you think this is your husbands house? Get married first, then u can do what u want.but you should know that this is my house , you're not allowed to dress half naked in this house, my husband doesn't have to see ur shamelessness even tho he's ur father,,,, just behave young lady" umma concluded, I thought she will never stop talking ..
"I'm sorry , this will be the last time " I apologized to umma, before heading to my toilet .
I stretched my hair ,it's rough cuz of sleep. I took my bath after being pleased with the length of my hair , Now it dangles around my waist. I came out of the toilet to find ya khair on my bed.
"Mrs Tahir !" She called me
"Yes , can I help you?" I joked
"Not at all , but you can help urself , Abba is calling you "she said as she got off the bed and headed out.
I wonder what the call is about , so I just put on a long sleeved summer dress , this time a very long one ,packing my hair in a bun ,and styling my scarf into a classy turban ,just so umma spares me.
I think Abba is in his parlor , so I went there.
"Asalamu Alikum(greetings)"I said as I enter.
"WaAlikumus sallam(greetings)"he replied sitting on his massaging chair.
I sat right close to his legs , on the carpet.
"Er Abbanta(daddies girl)"Abba said
"Na'am(yes)"I answered
"I called u to tell you Tahir's father and some of their relatives came this morning they bought the bride price ,I'll send it to your account later , I didn't tell you they where coming,to let you relax ,I didn't want you stressed out ,he told me that their lefe (bridal gifts) is ready too,And that they will be bringing it on the 1st of December,leaving a month to the wedding , it's pretty soon ,we've discussed this with your mother and she has told all relatives..."Abba paused
"But the main reason I called on you is to tell you that the next day after the lefe , you're going to travel , you're going to go around the world princess , you're going to buy your Kayan daki (house stuffs), your daddies princess , I'll top your account, your traveling with your sister cuz I know you and your dear umma can be hmm(he laughed a little), so my dear you should buy anything you want , need , or even if you just feel like it. And the rest your umma will buy it here in Nigeria ,so I want you to have fun when you travel, it's a gift princess"Abba concluded.
"Thanks Abba , your the best"I said as he pulled me from the ground and hugged me tight.
"Thanks Abba"I said again after ending the hug.
Running out of the room I blew Abba a fat kiss.
~~~~
Lefe day (bridal gift)
Laila
Finally it's 1st December, I'm glad but also scared , cuz In no time the house will be full of people, and I'm not a people person , I always prefer being alone in my room chatting with Tahir .
"Laila !!!"ya khair came in,screaming out my name.
"What the hell!!,your still in bed?!"
She went on"we've been talking about this day like forever , and u'r here enjoying ur split and thinking of who knows what!"she kept taking in the harsh manner
"Wlh Laila don't let me drag you out Allah !!"she said.
I ran off the bed to my toilet , I took my bath fast , then came out with a bathrobe on.
Khair was still in the room, she've bought her makeup kit in .
"Oya amarya (bride) sit"she commanded.
"Okay"I said , sitting in front of her on the bed , while she stood up to do my face, I dragged my phone from underneath my pillow,where I love pushing it , then I put on a song. "dear future husband,here's a few things you need to know if you wanna be my one and only ......."  The song went on.
Ya khair said "o my good , this girl you don pass my level, so dear future husband abi ?!"she laughed very hard, I just laughed along with her as she continued with my make up.
"Woooooooooooow"I exclaimed looking at myself in the mirror.
"Ya khair , you're my heroine" I hugged her
"Hey don't spoil the make up"she said pulling away,and going towards my wardrobe to bring out my new clothes, they were sawed just for this occasion .its a simple dress ,a black and white , making it look rich, As it is.
Umma says it's not a big event , that I should look myself, so that I'll look stunning on the wedding day.
"I think people have started coming oo"ya khair said "I can hear some noise , can't you?"she said
I listened carefully.
"Yes I can"I said dragging the gown and putting it on fast , putting my new jewelries too, I handed ya khair the scarf and my ribbon, as I sat on the bed ready for her to finish her job.
She did her miracle before a snap of a finger . My turban was outstandingly perfect...I AM GOOD TO GO.....

I was about to go out when Tahir called , so I picked while ya khair went out

"Hello,baby"his enchanting voice said
"Yes my love, are you driving?"I asked cuz I heard the sound of a car engine.
"Yes baby , mama sent me for grocery shopping "he answered.
"Oh "I said
"You're still traveling tomorrow right ?"he asked.
"Yes don't you want me to?"I questioned.
"I do , I do , it's just that I want us to go somewhere, or just never mind ,I'll pick you up tonight, then we'll go , then you can leave tomorrow, right?"she asked.
"Where baby ?"I asked
"U'll see , bye baby i am at the grocery shop"he said.
"Bye,take care"I said ending the call .
"Ayirryirryirryirrrr amarya (chanting hail the bride)"I heard some voices saying, it's ya khair and some of my aunts and cousins.
I heard noise every where .they pulled me down stairs to the main parlor , I saw lots of people,my aunts , my friends,cousins,old people and lots of faces I don't even know .ya khair sat me down on the large Cushion. My relatives where snapping me , cameras , iPhones , iPods , etc where used to snap me , the flash light was too much .
"Enough!"one of my aunt said , covering my face with a black vail.
"They are here ,the groom family are here with our bride gift (lefe)!!"she said out loud.
Before I know it everything was fast , 19 ladies came in with huge boxes,each of them with a box."Asalamu Alikum "they kept greeting as they came closer , then they placed the boxes on the carpet , and each of them took a sit . Then one lady came in afterwards,I think she'll lead , she was holding a small kit , it had the same design as the boxes, she placed it down on the carpet too..
"Sanu sanu (greetings)"she started
"I am Hajiya Hafsa , an Aunt to the groom, We Are All here in place of the groom , this boxes are for the dear bride , and we thank you all for having us."she concluded.
"Alhamdullila(thanks god)let's open the boxes "one of my aunts said.
They surrounded the boxes counting the cloths inside out loud .
"Ayirryirryirryirrrr!!!!!"the old ladies kept chanting.
Ya khair took me back to my room when the counting was over ,and the guest all gone , I removed the gown took a shower , prayed , and wore another gown , getting ready for my outing with Tahir ,I still can't guess where his taking me .
"Baby calling , baby calling .." My Siri kept saying,
Then I picked the call , it's Tahir.
"Hello baby , come out I'm here."he said.
"Okay"I said ending the call and putting on my vail.
I went down , I told umma I'm going out , then headed out.
I saw my love in his Benz , well I didn't see him ,the car is tinted.
I stood by the passengers side.
Tahir came out of the car , he came round to where I was.
"Baby you look flawless "he said as he opened the car door for me , then closed it when I was seated ,he went round and got in too.
"Baby where are we going?"I asked
"You will see Sugar pie"he answered.
From then I was silent , just thinking of where we are going ......
*********
Hey fam's
How are you finding the book ?
Are you leveling up with me ?
Ask questions ?
Tell me what you think ?

Pls vote and comment

Where do you think he's taking her?

Love you guyz
Msspharr ❤️
...