A hand to hold (Doc x reader)

Request: Could you do a Wynonna Earp fic where the reader doesn't really have anyone and Doc becomes a surrogate father figure?

You came to Purgatory with nothing.

No family.

No money.

No hope.

You walked into a bar with a sign titled 'Shorty's' outside and met a man named Doc.

You told him your story over drinks and he ended up being the owner of the bar.

He took pity on a kind soul like you, gave you a job bartending for him and let you stay in a spare room of his above the bar.

"Everybody needs a hand to hold every once in a while," he told you

He helped you get back onto your feet.

He introduced you to his band of misfit friends.

Months went by and you started to finally feel like you belonged somewhere.

Purgatory is a place that so many people try to get away from but for you, for you it became home and it was all thanks to the man you met at the bar.

You had so much to learn from Doc.

He taught you the ways of the world.

He taught you how to shoot a pistol like a real gunslinger.

He taught you how to trust again.

When you eventually saved up enough money to afford an apartment of your own you told Doc you were moving out.

It was a bittersweet moment for both you.

It wasn't like when you moved out from your actual parent's house.

You left there because you had no choice.

Here, you felt like you were actually moving forward with a big part of your life.

You had a good job.

You had good friends.

You had a good man looking after you. 

Doc helped you grow up and see the beauty in life.

He may not be your biological father but you would never be able to put into words how grateful you were to him for being the father figure you didn't know you needed.