I Have To Wear My Hood Around Police Now.

I'm still afraid of what happens when he gets older, or when - no - if our relationship ever gets physical. I wouldn't mind, would he?

I'm so going to jail as soon as any responsible adult sees this.

It's been a while since we went out, so it took me a bit longer to get ready.

Oh, jeez. I'm way too excited for this. Sometimes I wonder which one of us is the kid...

I turn around the veranda and I see his unmistakable head, covered by his white hat. There he is, for sure! I guess he was waiting...

Walking forward, I begin to call out his name. "Brenda-"

And then I see her. 

Brendan's talking with a different girl, one that's his age! Never had it crossed my mind that a trainer traveling the entire region would have a chance to talk to another girl! And her titties are enormous! She can't be older than 14! What in fresh hell is this!?

Oh jeez, this is it, isn't it? He realizes that I'm a complete creep and goes after girls that are his age, or at least less pathetic than I am...

I knew it couldn't last...

And then he turns around and sees me. He says something to the other girl, and they part ways. Maybe he told her to meet him somewhere else after he breaks up with me?

No. Bad thoughts. Stop that, brain-

He interrupts my inner monologue with a friendly "Hey there!" Mildly suspect, so I don't say anything.

"Running a bit late?" He adds.

"............" I shift around in my shoes for a second. "....Yeah."

I won't go into what happened next, for the sake of my own dignity, or what little of that remains. But he ended up telling me that the other girl was just his next-door neighbor, which worried me even more for a second because everyone knows how easy it is to fall in love with the girl next door. But then he told me that they were only talking because her dad wanted her to deliver something to him and that they just got carried away talking. He even showed me his new Pokegear, the latest model. It glistened in the afternoon sun. So, just to be sure, I tried to delve deeper.

"So, uh, well... you... rather.." I fumbled with my own words and steps. "Y-you two seem pretty close..?" I gave him a quick glance.

He made a questioning sound as if confused as to why I'd bring that up before answering. "Yeah, we get along."

I let out a sigh underneath my breath.

"We've even gone to the Mossdeep Star Show together." He added nonchalantly.

And then I sucked that air right back in.

"What!?" The Mossdeep Star Show was only the most romantic event of the year! "So - something like that, shouldn't you have taken me instead?!"

He shrugged. "Well, we weren't going out back then..."

"Ugh..!" I tried to find a real reason to be upset, but there was none.
"But..!"
Nothing.
"Still..!"
Not a single one.
"That..!"
I found myself at a loss for words. He was right, and there was nothing wrong with taking your friend to an event.

"...Nevermind..."

I feel totally awkward right now... I'm envious of a little girl!
But even though I say I'm his girlfriend, it's not like we've done anything to speak of...

That nine-tailed bitch...

All of a sudden, he takes hold of my hand, snapping me out of my luster of self-loathing.

"Let's go!" He says. "To the Star Show!"

"But the Mossdeep Star Show's already-"

"Just trust me, c'mon!" He interrupted as he pulled me along.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I found myself sitting on a beach, on the outskirts of Lilycove City. Brendan had just let his Latios out of its pokeball and was saying something to it. I still don't get what it is we're doing out here so late, but he asked me to trust him.

His Latios flew off and he took a seat next to me.

"What are you trying to do?" I asked.

"Just watch." He said.

I looked up at the blank night sky with him. The stars were pretty, but nothing I hadn't seen before- 

Holy hell.

One star fell, glistening as it fell from it's spot.

Then another. Then three more.

Then ten. Then twenty. The sky was light up with their bright trails, almost like fireworks.

"It's nothing as great as a real meteor shower..." He said smiling at me, before continuing. "But it's still pretty, isn't it?"

Then it hit me. He was doing this for me! He, he saw how much it meant to me, and he did all this for me.

Heh. I guess you could say, he moved heaven and earth for me.

I blushed gently and smiled back at him. I slowly crawled my hand across the sand towards his, and held his hand tightly in mine.