Chapter 5

The whole village was now succumbed in grey, heavy smoke as the raging red fire spread through out the village. Monsters, both men and women alike, were shrieking in terror as they sprinted out of their burning homes. Children were screaming and crying for their mothers as women and men tried to get their families to safety, but no matter where anyone ran, the flames were there to greet them.

The pirates had already gone into burning houses and took everything they thought had value. No one was safe as they began their slaughter on the innocent civilians that scampered through the streets, blinded by tears and smoke. The more monsters the pirates murdered, the louder they laughed as their blood lust grew. Helpless screams were music to their ears, black flames acted as a guide to a sadistic dance to their genocide. The blood and ashes from every fallen monster decorated their already ragged clothing. Every single pirate was howling in maniacal laughter, enjoying the mass destruction and genocide they were committing, but only one was missing from the group.

Ink was currently sprinting through the blood and dust splattered Streets, trying to make it back to the house hoping, no - praying that it wasn't just a pile of ashes yet. His breathing was ragged and heavy, his eyes brimmed with tears as his entire body filled with panic and fear. Behind him, Rus was holding a crying, shaking Blue tightly in his arms as he ran as fast as he could next to Ink. Both of Blues legs were bent and cracked, leaking small amounts of blood from the cracks despite being wrapped tightly from the cloth of Inks clothing. He couldn't feel his legs at all, so the only thing he could do was cling desperately to his brother as he ran. Dream was running behind them with the same terror and fear on his face as the others, averting his eyes from the blood, dust , and bodies on the streets. They were all in shocked states, but what stood out about all of them the most, was the burning scorch marks that covered all of their clothing and parts of their bodies.

At the start of the attack, the pirates had no hesitation as they started shooting from their guns and sending balls of flames into every building they could see. Market buildings and houses were combusting into flames in an instant. It was a wild and uncontrollable fire that spread onto anything it touched, and when it hit the tavern, there was almost no time to react. Ink sprinted toward the door that let him come onto the roof, avoiding the flames as they burned the top deck.

The party was still going on in full force, which made it even harder for Ink to warn them all. He couldn't find his friends anywhere in the crowd, which made him begin to panic. With him being a skeleton of such short stature, Ink had to climb onto one of the tables and yell over the crowd as loud as he could.

"Everyone! We need to get out of here! Evacuate the village! We're under atta-"

Before he could finish, the flames had gone through the ceiling and caused one of the heavy wooden beams to fall right onto a group of monsters that were in the middle of singing a cherry tune. Strong flames were dancing on the wood as it crushed and burned the monsters beneath it, who didn't even get a chance to scream. The only thing that could be heard was the sickening crack of their bodies being cracked, broken, and burned, effectively silencing the whole tavern.

It only took one shrill scream of one woman to snap everybody out of their shock and tumble into chaos. Monsters began to push and shove others out of their way, trying to get to the exit before the whole building burned down and collapsed on all of them. No one was showing mercy, being too blinded by their own fear. Ink only watched as the panic unfolded, desperately trying to find the faces of one of his friends. He was slowly beginning to lose hope...

"Ink! Ink over here! Help!!"

Inks whole body instantly turned around, his eyes catching sight of Dream. He was standing on top of the bar counter, waving his arms frantically in the air to get Inks attention. His clothing looked torn and singed by the flames, other than that he didn't seemed injured. Dreams face, however, sent the message to Ink that not everyone was okay. Without hesitation, Ink leaped off the table and did his best to run through the panicked crowd to get to his friends.