9

grayson's pov.

jake uploaded his video last night explaining and apologizing for everything. he still needs to do 75 hours of community service, but compared to jail time, that's nothing. kins decided to wait the 3 days before they have to pull the plug. it's been 2 days now. speaking of kins, she's not doing well at all. ethan and i have spent the night with her these past couple of days, and she doesn't do anything but sleep and sit in her bed. she hasn't eaten anything, drank anything, pretty much done anything at all. we even had alexis over and she didn't even talk to her. i'm not giving up on her though. i mean, she's just been told her parents might die.

day of the pulling of the plug.

"kins, are you ready?" i asked her, grabbing my keys. she slighly nodded. i slung my arm around her shoulder, and pulled her into a hug.

"it's gonna be okay babe." i said.

"i love you." she said,

"i love you 10 million times more." i responded, kissing her forehead.

kinsley's pov.

 on the way there it was completely silence. almost as if we wanted to say something, but we just couldn't. I had my parents for a couple months and then they're gone. As we approached the hospital, i felt my heart rate pick up. We pulled in, and before i got out, gray pulled my arm.

"i'm here for you." he said. i gave him a week smile, and walked through the hospital doors. grayson's arm was draped around my waist. When we entered the waiting room, everyone was there.  ethan, alex, rice, frazier, nikan, and rug. they perked their heads up, and when they saw me, they gave a look of sorrow. i walked towards them and sat down.

"what time is this happening?" i asked.

"30 minutes." frazier said. i took a deep breath, and tried to hold back my tears. 

"are you kinsley banks?" a man in a suit and tie asked.

"yes." i said.

"i'm matthew johnson, from the local adoption agency. i'm afraid that since you are still underage, we are going to have to take you back into our care." he said. and that was when my whole world flipped upside down.

a/n: double update today bc i forgot to post yesterdayyyyy